TameGamerMT

New items in game?

So I was taking my usually route NW last night, and whilst taking a forest trail I noticed a ‘small stone’ right in the middle of the path. I picked up the item and carried on with my journey, then, I saw another then another. There were numerous littered across the path.

I have taken this trail many times and have never come upon this item, so my question is, does anyone know if new items have been added to the game? I know that on PC you can use stones for crafting a stone knife etc. but in all my hours on the Xbox version I have never come upon one until now.

3 minutes ago, TameGamerMT said:

So I was taking my usually route NW last night, and whilst taking a forest trail I noticed a ‘small stone’ right in the middle of the path. I picked up the item and carried on with my journey, then, I saw another then another. There were numerous littered across the path.

I have taken this trail many times and have never come upon this item, so my question is, does anyone know if new items have been added to the game? I know that on PC you can use stones for crafting a stone knife etc. but in all my hours on the Xbox version I have never come upon one until now.

I'm not sure.. I haven't ever found stones myself, BUT I have found a stone knife on a dead walker before?

Stones have been around since it came out as far as I know, someone else mentioned them a good week or so ago. 

I don’t think they’ve actually added anything since releasing. Could be wrong though. 

Stones have been around since release, Although, Aswell myself I've only come across 2 lol 

Don't think any new content is out yet, Just been stability and bug fixes. I think they will hit us with something new soon enough.

They're for crafting as you already know and from what I understand they're found along hiking paths which explains why you found it where you was.