Sign in to follow this  
Sooden

Just another concern :P –Base building

Don’t know if this was addressed but searching ‘Base building’ give a quazillion results :P

This also relates to server hopping, but didn’t wann confuse it to that issue right now.

I hoping the dev team have though forward on base building, and not going to be lazy and leave a lot of what I’m going to talk about to chance. Or maybe they haven’t even considered it yet, and this is a useful post :P

A long time ago in an engine far, far aways, we talked about locking building doors, and today I was testing that out on stress test. In the past, devs talked about not letting people hop servers to get into a locked building.

I worry that this is not longer a priority so I see a few possible issues.

-People hoping server to access a locked building (not a much of a worry with a small building, but if a team has taken a large building, and think no one can get in without making a racket)

-People logging into a locked building back chance (Just an irritation)

-People building a nice base, then someone hoping a server to get a good location inside the base, then hopping back in, bypassing defences.

-People building Loot stock piles that the then barricades so no one can get in or out without braking them down then:

1.  Someone server hops,
  2. Walks to a location that is inside on the other server
  3. hops back, protected by the bases on defences (as they are now inside the area that you have to brake into), loots the base, and hops out.

-Someone build some barricaded where a player logged out, by accident or on purpose. Maybe they get stuck? Maybe they get pushed though the map?

-Towers, there where mentions on a stream. Someone builds a tower, logs out on one. What happened it they then log into another server (weeeeeee…). Gonna be just their bad luck? What happens if the building decays, say the player has been on holiday for a few weeks.

----

Will there be restricted building areas, to avoid Grief -building? You would be amazed what effort trolls will go to. Just because it will be hard to make stuff, will not stop determined teams with no lives :P

That just for starters :) maybe they have addressed this before?

ahhh... basebuilding, It realy has been a far, far away concept through dayz life and its looking like we wont see it until most of us stop caring about dayz at all. Its a bit sad.

You do raise some good ideas however. I myself always wondered about the "logging" in out of someones fortified house. I would say most people (especially solo players) will just have a barrel stashed in the wilderness they can report too for a long, long loooong time to come.

Most of this has been talked about in status reporTs / blogs long ago ... from a time far far away .... basically you will get warped away from an existing settlement even if there wasn’t one there before yu logged out . 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1