vfxtodd

Weapon descriptions should include ammo type

When I select a weapon in my inventory, I get a little popup describing its origin, etc. What it doesn't tell me is what type of ammo it uses. I think this should be added to the description. 

Edited by vfxtodd
Clarity

Would be nice, and ive thought this too, but, it doesn't tell you in real life, it's all about trial an error, so i like that you just have to find the right type and learn by experience or another survivor telling you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vfxtodd said:

When I select a weapon in my inventory, I get a little popup describing its origin, etc. What it doesn't tell me is what type of ammo it uses. I think this should be added to the description. 

I'm impressed you can read it, i'm sitting 6 feet from my 65" and all i see are a few white lines in that pop-up window.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TangoEckhoXBL said:

The weapons magazine will tell you what ammo it takes.

If you find the weapon without the magazine, how will you know?

I know I can go online and find out, but, I think for a game new to XBox it would benefit new players to know what ammo to look for. You still have to find ammo, knowing what ammo to look for doesn't shorten the time it takes to find it. 

13 hours ago, vfxtodd said:

If you find the weapon without the magazine, how will you know?

I know I can go online and find out, but, I think for a game new to XBox it would benefit new players to know what ammo to look for. You still have to find ammo, knowing what ammo to look for doesn't shorten the time it takes to find it. 

Pick up a magazine you find see if it fits into your gun if it doesn't leave it. 

What's the big rush to find everything right away? Survivors want a fully kitted out character only to complain when they die. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TangoEckhoXBL said:

Pick up a magazine you find see if it fits into your gun if it doesn't leave it. 

What's the big rush to find everything right away? Survivors want a fully kitted out character only to complain when they die. 

Huh? It's not about rushing, it's simply about being informed. If I'm holding clip, it should say what ammo it needs. What does that have to do with "rushing"?

I love DayZ for its survival mode. I don't mind traveling the land, trying to survive on what scraps of food I find or water I drink. I've spent hours crossing the map looking for means to survive. I've looked at real life magazines. They have information on them. So, why wouldn't I expect the same from a game that's meant to be somewhat realistic?