SquanchyGamer

People are ruthless!

It’s no secret that Day Z is having some server issues. So just finding one to join is enough of a chore, then youve got to obviously survive with little loot.

Anyway, I finally started doing really good with my third character. Played maybe 5-6 hours on him. Spent sometimes half hours at a time queued for servers. I was even able to find a buddy of mine and helped him out with a weapon and some water since he was just starting out.

Well I leave ”Benzino” , an eastern coastal town half way up the map, heading north towards what was said to be a military loot spot. A large ship. I stop off at a church and upon leaving get ambushed by dudes with what looked like M4’s. Didn’t even have enough time to equip my pistol which would probably have done nothing anyway..

I know it’s just part of the game but damn was it aggravating lol.

Anyone else coming across people just out to mow people down?

Edited by SquanchyGamer

No, fortunately not yet but its bound to happen. Not every survivor has time for chitter chatter LOL pretty sure at some point I'll shoot before I speak so I cant complain haha

I haven’t yet but on PC I was held up, cuffed at gunpoint,  had 3 guys go thru my stuff, they were nice enough (for A-holes), talked me thru the surrendering process as I didn’t know what buttons to use, left me with essentials and offered me a ride in their truck, I refused and about 5 mins later 2 other guys pretending to be friendly flanked me asking to trade, I told em I just got mugged then they hacked me up with axes. I didn’t play for nearly a year after that. Now I stay away from airfields and bases and have no mercy for anyone. 

• Like 1

I was walking into cherno and let's not exclude that I am STACKED like full military clothing a USG45 and an M4 both with full magazines and 3 spare for each, running an Alice backpack, so anyways I'm coming to cherno to help a friend, one of the buildings I enter, I open the door and some random guy wearing only a motorcycle helmet and an axe opens the other side, stops, looks dead at me, pauses then backs away slowly closing the door behind him

He wanted NO part of anything I could've dished out ??

• Like 1

I had someone running up to me with the heart emote and then started to Friday the 13th me with his knife.  I’ll keep on trying to be friendly.  I feel like it shows a lot of ones true moral compass.  I’ve ran into more friendlies than bandits so far...maybe because nobody knows wtf they’re doing yet.  Regardless, gives me a little hope in humanity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Matt20714 said:

I had someone running up to me with the heart emote and then started to Friday the 13th me with his knife.  I’ll keep on trying to be friendly.  I feel like it shows a lot of ones true moral compass.  I’ve ran into more friendlies than bandits so far...maybe because nobody knows wtf they’re doing yet.  Regardless, gives me a little hope in humanity.  

I think the more north you go, the less friendlies you will run into. I'm nervous as fuck though. I am stacked with an AK, radios, clips, ammo, etc. Not sure where I am but there's a big ass river that runs by this big ass town. Wish I knew where I was though. Haven't found anyone yet but I'm ready to mow if they wont be friendly. It's bound to happen. I'll die eventually though. I've accepted that.

• Like 1

I think the better this game gets with updates, the more time I can invest into a character, the more paranoid I’m going to get. I just started as far north as you could spawn and have come across some good stuff just starting out. I sure hope there are friendlies up north, although I trust no one now lol.

• Like 2

Yeah I’m too nervous to head out for extended periods, even geared up like a preppers wet dream. Tend to spend a fair bit of time creeping through woods and just off the roads and such, haven’t killed anyone yet but I do wanna test out my new scope and silencer.

@Baroni88 you can use app called iZurvive or the website for a decent map, to figure out where u are 

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone

When I first started playing I ran into another guy and we were both acting friendly, he does an emote, then I do one... in the middle of my emote he try’s to stab me so I proceeded to hatchet the fuck out of him and take his stuff. Don’t trust anyone. I now shoot anyone that comes near me because I feel like they’ve had similar experiences and are now untrusting like me 

I’ve tried being friendly but for some reason the proximity chat doesn’t seem to work. I even leave parties and try but the other person doesn’t respond even after me telling them how to do so. But I was at the military camp near Staryoe and saw a looted guy. He seemed friendly enough but he was looted to the brim. I decided not to trust him and as he turned his back I unloaded my Makarov into his head. Good thing I did as he had human steak in his inventory, I was probably going to be next lol