TheMachine

No competent player should die

Normaly i avoid the coast area' date=' but from time to time i go hunt snipers. Sneaking around in the woods listening for cal 50. shots near cherno/elektro. 1 is enough to get barely the direction, to start the search

If the Sniper is a noob who doesnt change position after firing or he had to overwatch a spot for other ppl aproaching the town then hes i great danger.

I just need to scan the area with thermal, after located hes almost dead.

I can select the right gun for the task (currently l8 thermal/bizon sd with 64 rounds per clip)then i can pick him up on range, get closer, go around, whatever i need.

After dropping him i retreat as silently as i came. Getting deep into the woods hunting and searching for water. i dont loot those guys, never... The close cities he was watching have eyes too!

[/quote']

Finally a player who gets it.

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

I have nothing against the players I kill, I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

But I enjoy shooting people, is that a crime?

Last time I died some sneaky beggar got me with an m1911, fair play to him.

He worked it where I was, flanked me and shot me down.

Was my fault for not relocating after some kills and for not watching my back.

[/quote']

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod,bf2/3,tf2, etc...

Challenge.

People are actually trying not to die.

Dayz is not challenging in a pvp sense, its not even a competitive game. Its the only game I can enjoy playing with casual RL friends, who dont want put in the time for training. There is not much skill in this game, you live forever if you're patient enough, and if you wanna have fun instead you play risky and get exciting scenarios. I guess you must suck hard at competitive fps if you come to a casual atmospheric game like dayz, abuse some camping spot to shoot at newbees and start talking about skill. Don't mix up your fantasy roleplaying world with the real world, dude.

DayZ is obviously challenging enough for there to be this much crying on the forums about PvP deaths.

And I'm not abusing anything, you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

It'd be an interesting challenge at least.

Also I'd have more fun trying this than spending an afternoon prone ontop of some building. But thats the beauty of DayZ, there are no objectives or winning conditions, you can try out whatever you like.

You do realize that having fun is the true objective of the game? Surviving is clearly not, because you can survive forever in the northern woods on hunting gear and one can of water. Still people just choose not to do it because it is dead boring and they rather want to have fun.

Also, I don't see people cry about PvP, but rather about automatic and mindless deathmath, which completely removed guessing, trust, betrayal, backstabs etc from player interaction. The game used to be good because of the grey zone between PvP and PvE. You had to guess. You don't have to anymore, and thats damn boring, and has nothing to do with skill or challenge. If at all it is less challenging and requires less skill.

There's plenty of cover' date=' learn to use it.

[/quote']

I generally do mate.

If you were to actually think about this rationally, rather than your superior e-penis goggles, you'd realise that more needs to be done to encourage co-operative play - which is exactly where Rocket is taking DayZ.

It's a game, and whilst you find it immensely satisfying killing a newbie with your awesome loot you server-hopped to get, it isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

The people you're targeting with this thread isn't us - I'm well aware of the threads your directly referring to. But what I'm saying is that need to realise that this definitive 'learning curve' you talk about doesn't exist. There are things that can be learnt to prevent death, and the game is hard (all of this is true, surprise surprise), but the complaints about dieing to twats like you in Cherno who sit with a sniper are justifiable.

Seriously, consider what you've said throughout this thread and rationally think about why your opinion might be mis-guided. Cheers.

Challenge.

People are actually trying not to die.

Dayz is not challenging in a pvp sense' date=' its not even a competitive game. Its the only game I can enjoy playing with casual RL friends, who dont want put in the time for training. There is not much skill in this game, you live forever if you're patient enough, and if you wanna have fun instead you play risky and get exciting scenarios. I guess you must suck hard at competitive fps if you come to a casual atmospheric game like dayz, abuse some camping spot to shoot at newbees and start talking about skill. Don't mix up your fantasy roleplaying world with the real world, dude.

[/quote']

DayZ is obviously challenging enough for there to be this much crying on the forums about PvP deaths.

And I'm not abusing anything, you expect me to come get into hand to hand combat with the AK wielding masses of elektro with a sniper rifle?

You're basically making the assumption that this game is entirely about PvP. Everything you mention is about killing other players, nothing about zombie survival. Maybe try an actual deathmatch game where killing others is the objective, or maybe you suck so much at that you have to do it in a survival game?

Because zombies are a massive threat, right?

No, zombies aren't the danger, I am the danger.

Yeah, maybe since I kill people on DayZ I don't have ÜBER SKILLZ at other games?

Maybe I'm a loser in real life?

Maybe I'm fat? etc etc etc.

Yeah

Yet you came on a game forum to boost your ego and let people know you have teh uber skillz at this game? You knew people would react negatively and you had your responses planned, which was basically to act like they are noobs and you are better than them. If the enemy was AI would you be doing this? No, you like the idea that you are ruining other people's day more than you like sniping enemy players, killing zeds is no fun because it's just a zed. If killing players is all you want to do then play a game where that's the objective.

There's plenty of cover' date=' learn to use it.

[/quote']

I generally do mate.

If you were to actually think about this rationally, rather than your superior e-penis goggles, you'd realise that more needs to be done to encourage co-operative play - which is exactly where Rocket is taking DayZ.

It's a game, and whilst you find it immensely satisfying killing a newbie with your awesome loot you server-hopped to get, it isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

The people you're targeting with this thread isn't us - I'm well aware of the threads your directly referring to. But what I'm saying is that need to realise that this definitive 'learning curve' you talk about doesn't exist. There are things that can be learnt to prevent death, and the game is hard (all of this is true, surprise surprise), but the complaints about dieing to twats like you in Cherno who sit with a sniper are justifiable.

Seriously, consider what you've said throughout this thread and rationally think about why your opinion might be mis-guided. Cheers.

Well, 'mate', while I agree with you about co-operative gameplay needing to be encouraged, this cannot come at the expense of freedom in the game - since that IS the game.

And I took this rifle off a sniper I killed with a hand grenade, or more accurately, 3 snipers huddling in a shrub, safe to say I had a giggle at that one.

I do not server hop, I lay in wait, like a owl.

People cry because people die, they'd die and cry no matter how they met their end.

why dont you just open the editor in Arma2 place some soldiers on the chernarous map turn up the games AI and then position yourself on a hill with your sniper rifle of choice ?? Being super competent it should be no problem for you eh.

People cry because people die' date=' they'd die and cry no matter how they met their end.

[/quote']

I'll quote what perestain just wrote, which is pretty much how I was going to respond to this:

"I don't see people cry about PvP, but rather about automatic and mindless deathmath, which completely removed guessing, trust, betrayal, backstabs etc from player interaction. The game used to be good because of the grey zone between PvP and PvE. You had to guess. You don't have to anymore, and thats damn boring, and has nothing to do with skill or challenge. If at all it is less challenging and requires less skill."

If you're sole purpose is to kill other players, cheaply, you're playing the wrong game. You aren't any better than the "carebears" honestly.

People cry because people die' date=' they'd die and cry no matter how they met their end.

[/quote']

I'll quote what perestain just wrote, which is pretty much how I was going to respond to this:

"I don't see people cry about PvP, but rather about automatic and mindless deathmath, which completely removed guessing, trust, betrayal, backstabs etc from player interaction. The game used to be good because of the grey zone between PvP and PvE. You had to guess. You don't have to anymore, and thats damn boring, and has nothing to do with skill or challenge. If at all it is less challenging and requires less skill."

If you're sole purpose is to kill other players, cheaply, you're playing the wrong game. You aren't any better than the "carebears" honestly.

So when is PvP ok in your opinion?

If I were to befriend some people, then kill them, would that be any better?

What about killing people for loot, is that ok?

I just killed some guy for food, not fun.

What's the difference? He's still dead and probably spawning in kamenka.

Or is it just never ok because you don't like dying?

Right now I'm playing as a maniac on a hill with a rifle.

Next time I die I may choose to play as a city raiding survivor.

I'm divided with this thread, the concept of what he's doing sparks the realism argument in PvP to the point where he doesn't even loot the bodies because it's not safe, he kills for the kill count. It's pointless, it doesn't prove skill, it doesn't do anything other than waste mags (or not even that, as I bet one just RCs to regain the clip). This kind of playing shouldn't exist.

However, it does. And he's absolutely right in how to survive it. So can we all just agree to despise the guy yet use the insight (even if obvious for some of us, clearly not for all) to avoid getting PK'd in populated areas? Someone make a survival thread against snipers with a better context, that would be a worthy post.

IF YOU DIE' date=' IT'S [u']YOUR FAULT .

Bla, bla, wuff, wuff!

Not everyone can be as competent and hardcore as you are and those will die, deal with it.

You didn't respond to anything I said but anyway;

I'm completely fine with dying, in almost any situation. Most people are the same.

It's when kids like you somehow view themselves as superior and more competent because you are better equipped and camp in a location players have to go in order to survive. I don't find any enjoyment in killing newbies with torches, but you do, and that's where our difference lay.

However, my playstyle doesn't ruin anyone elses whilst yours does - you can't argue with that.

Head north mate and pvp with players that are the same level as you. Most hardcore players (which is what you describe yourself as) don't sit in Cherno/Elektro because there's nothing to gain from at all.

We should just star the "sniper survival thread" here. No need to waste more room.

I'd say my first tip is that a train of zombies just might give away your position.

[/quote']

PvP is a good dynamic in the game but is not the aim of the game. People like you are the reason I now shoot on sight, because you never know who is going to kill you just for funzies. If I had always shot on sight, I never would have had some of the best experiences I've had in this game.

Killing for supplies is okay, for better weapons and equipment is okay, but camping for the lolz is just stupid. The reason people kill randomly is because the game has no clear aim, and therefore people do whatever they find the most fun.

If people do kill to loot bodies, it's easy to counteract that because you simply have another player who spots the other from a distance unseen, and takes out the looter when they go to loot, but taking out people who kill for the fun with no intention of gaining anything other than 1 point to their murder count is very difficult, unless you have ridiculously good equipment like thermal ops or military snipers, whose positions invariably have people camping.

@OP You sir are an egomaniac and a total douche!

Evidently a coward as well. Rather than play with the big boys further north you choose to camp in the south where most players don't know their arse from their elbow and educate them by server hop sniping! That must be a really challenging role for someone of your obvious ingame abilities.

I'm so impressed by your smug, self justifications for your invaluable role as self appointed noob educator par excellence, that I might just have to travel south to see if you can shoot me too, so that I can learn your valuable lesson firsthand!

You must be really, really bored.

What a loathsome TROLL! I suggest that you find a bridge and live under it!

There's just no reason to die if you know what you're doing.

You'll only die if you choose to' date=' by going to cherno or engaging other teams of players in fights.

For the last 3 days I've been camping cherno and elektro with an AS50, I don't go into the cities, nor do I loot kills.

I just shoot idiots, 45 and counting.

3 guys, elektro hospital roof, 1km, 3 shots, 3 kills, none of them had time to react, all 3 shots had been fired before the first shot landed.

They had m16s, aks, ghillie suits - all dead.

The price of being morons I guess.

I've seen other, competent players though, that I just couldn't kill.

They moved with the cover, they zig zagged in the open, they watched their surroundings.

One guy was climbing to the hospital roof, seen the bodies and decided against it, he was smart.

The next two weren't, they got shot.

The carebear locust of DayZ want to ruin it, they'll leave after they do - short attention spans with no desire to learn how to play.

People seriously need to spend less time on here asking for safe zones, removal of PvP, penalties for 'bandits', and just get onto the game and learn stuff, excuses will NOT be tolerated.

Grow up.

[/quote']

Lol, you call other people noobs, while you are the one camping?

Newsflash for ya, camping isn;t really that pro, or hard.

I have more respect for people risking cherno, than people camping the town from their little hiding spot.

You sound pretty elitist for a corwardly noob.

I have nothing against the players I kill' date=' I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

But I enjoy shooting people, is that a crime?

[/quote']

lol

I somewhat support the OP in his doings. He clearly stated that he kills the idiots who run mindlessly in the open, or those wanna-be snipers on top of firestation/hospital with Enfield or Winchester.

He also said he didnt kill those who zig-zag run and use cover. He didnt kill that guy that checked the bodies on the roof and decided to leave.

So the OP in my opinion is actually punishing those losers, who shoot noobs just for fun with their Enfield from atop a building.

Problem with the OP's poition is, it's not really PvP. There's no 'v' in sniping someone who can;t see you.

So I say to him - instead of sniping and not looting, go an loot. I don't care if you don't need anything, just go get a can of beans as a trophy.

If you make it back to your perch alive, then we'll judge how 'comptent' you are.

I somewhat support the OP in his doings. He clearly stated that he kills the idiots who run mindlessly in the open' date=' or those wanna-be snipers on top of firestation/hospital with Enfield or Winchester.

He also said he didnt kill those who zig-zag run and use cover. He didnt kill that guy that checked the bodies on the roof and decided to leave.

So the OP in my opinion is actually punishing those losers, who shoot noobs just for fun with their Enfield from atop a building.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm okay with the logic of dying when you're not careful.

But to post on the forum with the attitude of some kind of hero, who is obviously proud of the fact that he is just camping, is a bit much, to me at least.

Camping is amongst the easiest things in the game, actually moving around, however, is pretty dangerous, but I;m sure most campers are too scared to actually do that.

[/quote']

You need to seperate between ingame and reallife, badly.

In real life, modifying the game so it is not deathmatch would yield a more exciting and believable ingame experience. People want it to be a challenge to figure out if they can cooperate with other players or not. Or if they can safely kill other players characters for loot or not.

All this, is completely unrelated to "having skill" or "dieing too often in the game". The game is a casual sandbox atmospheric game, there is no actual skill to be had, except whatever you make up in your own head to feel good in your roleplaying world.

There is not even a way to measure success, there is no winning condition and everybody has his own goals, if any, when he fools around with the game.

We should just star the "sniper survival thread" here. No need to waste more room.

I'd say my first tip is that a train of zombies just might give away your position.

We can't. Because of the context, the thread is about either supporting or trashing the OP, not much more.

Makes immature post calling people idiots.

Complains that people calling him an idiot are immature.

Claims he wants a challenge killing people that are trying not to die.

Snipes noobs who present no challenge "for fun".

lol

Problem with the OP's poition is' date=' it's not really PvP. There's no 'v' in sniping someone who can;t see you.

So I say to him - instead of sniping and not looting, go an loot. I don't care if you don't need anything, just go get a can of beans as a trophy.

If you make it back to your perch alive, then we'll judge how 'comptent' you are.

[/quote']

You're saying I should take unnecessary risks to please you?

No thanks.

I'm shooting fools, not being one.

For the record, I only shoot someone that's carrying a rifle, no new spawns or players without proper gear - I'm a sportsman.

SP0nC.gif

I somewhat support the OP in his doings. He clearly stated that he kills the idiots who run mindlessly in the open' date=' or those wanna-be snipers on top of firestation/hospital with Enfield or Winchester.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm okay with the logic of dying when you're not careful.

But to post on the forum with the attitude of some kind of hero, who is obviously proud of the fact that he is just camping, is a bit much, to me at least.

Camping is amongst the easiest things in the game, actually moving around, however, is pretty dangerous, but I;m sure most campers are too scared to actually do that.

I'm a god damn sniper, what you want me to do?

I hope a hacker kills the OP. Must be really hard to die when all you do is camp 1km away from cities and shoot people with a sniper rifle. Not like you're the first person to do it, and you won't be the last.

Its also fun how the selfproclaimed 'pro snipers' always point out that people are not careful enough.

I've been sniped plenty of times, and I'm mostly okay with it, but telling me I wasn't carefull or that I'm a noob just because I didn't see a tiny speck in the treelines 800 meters away, which happened to be a camping sniper is a bit elitist and self-serving to me.

Snipers need to start realizing that being a camper isn't that pro. As said, I'm mostly okay with it, but I just hate much of the attitude, because it's really not that hard/