Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

Unconsciousness Lost

I know that unconsciousness will be making a return, but man do I miss it now that it is gone. Unconscious state can lead into some pretty cool scenarios with players and enemies both capable of medically treating you. But it was only when presented with a certain scenario that could have been greatly enhanced by unconscious state that I realized just how great of a loss it really is. My friend got shot dead right next to me, Saving Private Ryan style. There was nothing I could do. I was in a perfect position to treat him, but all hope was immediately lost. Our story was over. Normally players don't die right away when they are downed in 0.62. It is actually more likely that a player will stand back up a few minutes later, sometimes even without treatment. Even if you are unsuccessful in your attempts to save your teammate there is a possibility, which is fun, even if you die trying. Instead I just immediately lost interest in the engagement and turned around and started running back to the coast to find him again. Unconscious state added realism and depth to the game that I honestly miss. When you down a player in 0.62 you need to finish the job if you want to be certain they are dead. You actually need to run up to them and shoot them one more time to confirm the kill. You also have the option to check their pulse to confirm death, or even bind their hands and treat their wounds. It can be really scary finally making your way up to a spot in which you recently downed a player only to find the body isn't there anymore because he recovered and probably has eyes on you. Also, sometimes players have a change of heart and don't follow through with the kill. Downing the player is sometimes satisfaction enough. 

Again, I know unconsciousness will be coming back, along with the other lesser appreciated little things DayZ is known for, but man, 0.63 just seems void without them right now. 

I have had some of my most memorable and intense experiences because of the unconscious mechanic myself.

One thing to remember is that .62 has different damage systems from .63 and shots that land on critical hit zones will kill instantly.

If your friend was shot in the head or heart/lungs area it is instant death in .63 and will be until they implement armor ratings for helmets/clothing.

As featured in the latest status report, we should be testing unconsciousness soon!

I'm looking forward to rounding up melee weapons and going "punch for punch" with my friends... for science!

Unconscious is basically just to knock u out earlier before death.. 
So e.g. you're running and some dude shots u with pistol -> Uncon
At current state some dude shots u with pistol -> you're still running just alot closer to death. 

Anyway this feature is a must, opens lots of possibilities.