Hitlex

Normal and hardcore mods

Starting as a new player in dayz can be really hard.. especially with getting arround the map

I think adding a new normal mode can be really helpful with the option of you having a map and seeing your position

as for the hardcore players of dayz, they will still be the hardcore mod wish is the regular dayz

I know that dayz is supposed to be a hardcore survival game but i don't think there is any bad on welcoming new players to the game with a much simple gameplay to enjoy

I don't know if this will split the community but maybe there will be enough people playing the game on the beta lunch 1.0 so that is when it should be implemented. 

I don't think this is a good idea. New players in DayZ know that: DayZ it a hardcore game.

its Not a easy game and a CoD. It survival Game

The concerns are not completely wrong. Dayz can be so tough for new players that frustration over the euphoria wins.

A good manual or an offline tutorial mode would certainly not be wrong (a pure offline play as we have it now will not help newcomers).

Mods made by players will make all the easy mode modifications you can dream of.

Personally I think anyone looking for anything "easy" should not be playing DayZ.

If you cannot enjoy some degree of struggle, you probably won't enjoy DayZ.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎21 at 6:00 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Mods made by players will make all the easy mode modifications you can dream of.

Personally I think anyone looking for anything "easy" should not be playing DayZ.

If you cannot enjoy some degree of struggle, you probably won't enjoy DayZ.

The vast array of Servers will give us every opportunity to explore and survive...regardless of your preferred difficulty level.

I certainly wish for a way of categorizing players based on their "experience" (like character aging/visualization based on TOTAL STEAM hours played, as opposed to hours in-game on one particular server) so that Bambi's don't get fed to the PVP wolves so often that they become frustrated with their initial in-game experiences....but so far the Devs have remained true to one of the Core Pillars of DayZ SA and that has always been that this is truly a Hard Core Survival Sim....with a fairly steep learning curve.

But it has been my general observation that most keen survivors with at least a few hundred hours in-game have all experienced a bit of frustration when they initially started playing (and remember that the earlier builds were FAR from easy to live with!) and yet the need to learn from others and work as a team is a great mechanic that almost becomes an imperative during your early adventures....which mirrors reality quite nicely, for the most part. Many players of the MOD and of the SA were initially introduced to the game by existing players and joined in on the fun as the "new guy". This is a great way to grow the player base, as the team-aspect of the SA should always be explored and encouraged.

• Beans 1

Add a good idea to this Suggestion.