Matthewzel

Key Mapping/Rebinding For Lefty's!

Hello. I am a PC player that plays with arrow keys and a left handed mouse. yes this is weird but this is how i play :) 

However, I have found in Dayz 0.63 that I am having a bad time trying to rebind keys to make it comfortable for me to play. When I rebind a key it doesn't take any affect e.g. I try to rebind the basic infantry movement keys such as: crouch, prone and standing up. I cant do this as it doesn't take any affect and all i can do is use "c".

Also, I dont know if this was intentional but I cant put a new fresh mag into the gun through the hotbar like in dayz 0.62, e.g. pressing "4" to load a 30rnd akm mag in to the ak. If this is intentional then alrighty but i just wanna know. Thanks for taking to time to read :P 

Keep up the good work on development!

• Beans 1

I am left handed and I struggled to find key bindings that would work properly in offline mode and never found a good solution.

This would make participating in stress tests very frustrating, and basically locks me out of the experience as it should be.

I also use a left handed mouse and arrow keys, and I use many unusual key bindings for many actions in game.

I believe they will eventually allow us to configure any action to any key binding.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, MatthewCURSE said:

Hello. I am a PC player that plays with arrow keys and a left handed mouse. yes this is weird but this is how i play :) 

However, I have found in Dayz 0.63 that I am having a bad time trying to rebind keys to make it comfortable for me to play. When I rebind a key it doesn't take any affect e.g. I try to rebind the basic infantry movement keys such as: crouch, prone and standing up. I cant do this as it doesn't take any affect and all i can do is use "c".

Also, I dont know if this was intentional but I cant put a new fresh mag into the gun through the hotbar like in dayz 0.62, e.g. pressing "4" to load a 30rnd akm mag in to the ak. If this is intentional then alrighty but i just wanna know. Thanks for taking to time to read :P 

Keep up the good work on development!

I've had success rebinding. Try again, but hit "Apply" after every thing you do.

Remember, clicking and holding are different functions.  While holding the weapon in your hands, HOLD DOWN the ammo mag hotbar keybinding in order to attach it to the weapon.  While holding the mag, HOLD DOWN the bullets hotbar keybinding in order to fill the mag.

• Like 1