cashgrany

zombies spawn

there is a serious problem with the spawn of the zombies; I do 100 to 200 meters, that there are already new ones who have respawn, it is necessary to correct that.

it sucks, it's supposed to be a simulation, when you kill the zombie in a city there should not be any more; it's pissing.

10 minutes ago, cashgrany said:

it sucks, it's supposed to be a simulation, when you kill the zombie in a city there should not be any more; it's pissing.

DayZ is not a simulator.

Didn't Hicks talk about how important it is to be able to clear a town to loot? I remember him talking quite in depth about it in a SR (Where is Hicks by the way?) last year. It was when they re -doing infected and trying to increase their counts (around the time .60 hit). There used to be an exploit where if you stood outside a city and looked in from a distance, you could tell if anyone was in that city because the zombies would either spawn or not spawn depending if anyone was there. There was a lot of balancing done on the infected at that time, trying to achieve a balance between not seeing the zeds spawn in from a distance, but also being able to clear a town to loot it. Is being able to clear a town of infected a behavior that we can no longer expect?

14 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Didn't Hicks talk about how important it is to be able to clear a town to loot? I remember him talking quite in depth about it in a SR (Where is Hicks by the way?) last year. It was when they re -doing infected and trying to increase their counts (around the time .60 hit). There used to be an exploit where if you stood outside a city and looked in from a distance, you could tell if anyone was in that city because the zombies would either spawn or not spawn depending if anyone was there. There was a lot of balancing done on the infected at that time, trying to achieve a balance between not seeing the zeds spawn in from a distance, but also being able to clear a town to loot it. Is being able to clear a town of infected a behavior that we can no longer expect?

If I recall correctly, currently the map is divided into large "sections" (how large/many, I don't know) which will get populated by zombies only when players are in them. This is supposed to be a happy medium between spawning a set amount of zombies across the entire map regardless of where players actually are (making zombies seem more sparse than they should), and only spawning zombies within a range of each player (which is what the mod did and what the devs want to avoid due to the metagaming it causes). Just because you see zombies in a town doesn't mean someone is actually in there anymore. Most likely they're there at least because you're watching.