Deadboy (DayZ)

Mysterious server crash

A few hours ago, the server I was on just crashed. According to DayZspy, I'm still on it, still playing, but the "time connected" is not ticking any longer.

Several months before another server crashed beneath my feet already - just exactly like the one just now.  That server -never recovered-  from the crash, as far as I could see. It disappeared completely,  along with my old stashes. Which I then rebuilt. On the current one. Only to have it crashing, too, in seemingly the exact same way. And now I really want to know what's actually happening here.

The server I'm talking about is called "DayZ Server Daennys Vikings", and I have no idea who it belongs to. Me and friends have several stashes on it, and at the time of the crash, I was sorting through the inventory of a barrel and a tent. Just as several months before, when this happened on a different server. Nothing out of the ordinary or unusual. Move a cooking pot here, change of clothes, get a different gun for the next day, and what have you.

As I was the only person connected at both times, the only clue I have is that I might have triggered it, but no idea what made it happen. I'd prefer that server to actually come back, when the Wednesmay maintenance time is up, but I fear it's not going to return, if things do go exactly like last time.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

PS: This time the server actually recovered and went back up. But I'm leaving this here because I'm still concerned.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

Maybe the end of rent-time ?

Dayz servers are not a gift...no pay, no server, and you are the last surviver from this server.

Community-side server are never garanted. (Public/Private). Only the offizials Servers theres  hosted by BI.