Rekurv

Cazio Z-Shock

Recently I have been playing on x12 day/ night cycle servers (such as the village), as I find a bit of night time play is really fun. Even though the gamma exploit is alive and well, playing at night is still different...its harder to see players (and vice versa), gunshots light up, its easier to loot in regards to the zombies, but harder to see things to pick up and a few other interesting mechanics. It might get colder too , but I'm not sure about that.

Anyways this made me really miss the wrist watch that was in dayZ mod. A simple but useful tool that gave you an indication as to when to start preparing for the darkness, and when the sun would rise etc. It could be used with the sun to navigate direction, give times to meet friends or players, and added to immersion.

This was the one in dayZ mod:

http://dayz-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Watch

However if that's too military for the dayZ standalone theme, any watch with back-light/phosphorus/ tritium gas light could work A simple Casio digital watch ( Cazio Z-Shock ? ) . Either way, any watch that worked at night would be epic. 

Anyways, loving DayZ standalone and the quality is getting more epic with every patch !

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

Like how there's different can openers and knives, there should be different types of watches, with their benefits/drawbacks.  Digitals be seen at night with no additional light source, analogs can be used to tell direction (if you know how).  Doing something with batteries might be a bit too much on the realism-fun scale, but if they could do it fairly simply (no more 12Vs for RDS and the like).

• Beans 1

Yeah different watches would be sweet! If it was an analog with no lighting it would force you to turn on your torch (or whatever light source) at night to see it if it was too dark possibly giving away your position. More game mechanics, more chaos, more fun.

I agree batteries might be a bit too much detail. You could justify no batteries by saying the analogs are self winding and the digitals are solar powered (which many G shocks and Pro Treks are these days). Either way, any functioning wrist watch would be cool. Keeping my fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Rekurv said:

Yeah different watches would be sweet! If it was an analog with no lighting it would force you to turn on your torch (or whatever light source) at night to see it if it was too dark possibly giving away your position. More game mechanics, more chaos, more fun.

I agree batteries might be a bit too much detail. You could justify no batteries by saying the analogs are self winding and the digitals are solar powered (which many G shocks and Pro Treks are these days). Either way, any functioning wrist watch would be cool. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I know how it could be done remove the m4  and replace it with the wrist watch, then have attachments for the watch, you know skins for the watch band with battery loops,  and skins for the watch case and so on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1