Jump to content
Komalt

Set Launch to always start x64 bit DayZ?

Recommended Posts

Is there a launch option parameter or something I can edit to always have DayZ launch in x64?  By default DayZ always launches 32 bit for me, many times not asking whether to switch to x64.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Komalt said:

Is there a launch option parameter or something I can edit to always have DayZ launch in x64?  By default DayZ always launches 32 bit for me, many times not asking whether to switch to x64.

Open your Steam Library from the task bar, click on DayZ - you get the option Run DayZ or run 64 bit DayZ

xxp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Open your Steam Library from the task bar, click on DayZ - you get the option Run DayZ or run 64 bit DayZ

xxp

Obviously I know this.  However I usually start it through the taskbar feature which runs it be x32 by default.  I am wondering how to basically always force it to only run x64

Edited by Komalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Komalt said:

Obviously I know this.  However I usually start it through the taskbar feature which runs it be x32 by default.  I am wondering how to basically always force it to only run x64

why bother? you have Steam icon right there on your taskbar with the one-click list  => Library, DayZ, 64
and whenever you open Steam Bootstrapper it gives you the Steam page with Library, like it or not..

Or set your DayZ start icon.. find out what serial number starts DayZ 64
like DayZ 32 is < steam:://rungameid/zzyyxx >

betcha it's one of the last 2 figures sets the 64 bit... but don't blame me if it aint. Trial and error?

If I have an easy better idea I'll get back to you. NO point in deconstructing the steam interface it just gets you a bad rep.

xxP

[EDIT]

Yo, Komalt

OK - here's a starter to your bit of string, but make of this what you will.. (risks and perils)


..//.. Steam/SteamApps/common/DayZ/Battleye/BELauncher.ini

BELauncher.ini

<<
[Launcher]
GameID=dayz
BasePort=2357
32BitExe=DayZ.exe
64BitExe=DayZ_x64.exe
SilentInstall=0
>>

y'see that?

So try running < Dayz_64.exe > direct from your ..//.. Steam/SteamApps/common/DayZ   folder
seems to work for me


(so i'll say goodby folks now, in case you never see me again.. was NICE!)

 

xx pilgrim

 

 

Edited by pilgrim*
~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I forgot about the old school method of just using a shortcut.  Thats what I will do.  So used to just launching everything from the Steam menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Komalt said:

I guess I forgot about the old school method of just using a shortcut.  Thats what I will do.  So used to just launching everything from the Steam menu.

Yep, it's because you need Steam open (loaded) anyway, to have their server link check on you and your game before you play.. it takes a moment or sometimes longer to open up. So you cant just set a <  "do Steam"  => "do play DayZ_64"  >  unless that command waits for Steam to be ready - that's  getting complicated for a small advantage.
But if you run Steam all the time anyway - by habit like some folk - you might just put a play64 icon on your desktop linking to that .exe I mentioned. At least you avoid seeing all the Steam window stuff again..

Sad, I can't see any one-click way to launch DZ_64 from the Steam options in the hot bar (their bad)  - if you choose "DayZ" directly from there (on Win7 64) it just opens the 32 bit version. No choice except to through Library. Is a pain, I admit (now you mention it).

have fun

xxp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Komalt Make batch file for that:
 

@echo off

START "DayZ" /D "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ" "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\DayZ_BE.exe" 2 1 0 -exe DayZ_x64.exe

@exit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×