Sign in to follow this  
Ian McGuinness

Removing the Destroyer of Vehicles (one type of tree)

I've recently returned to this awesome game and the work that has gone into the game the last couple of years is truelly amazing. I don't break my legs by falling of 30 cm plateaus anymore and I can now hit the zombies!

After getting the survival bit sorted out, moving on to finding a vehicle is the logical next step and then................... You wreck 8 vehicles in 3 weeks because of this ridiculous tree:

That one really light fallen tree with the small branches that seems to be on the other side of every hill you ever pass with your vehicle.

I mean at the moment, I spend hours and hours finding and repairing vehicles only to see my entire truck ruined by driving into this monstrosity at 5 kph, because you can't see it on the other side of anything (including grass) in 1st Person mode.

Suggestion:

1) Finding the name of the ingame object and removing it from the game files (sorry for the person who designed the model)

2) Finding the name of the ingame object and making it a hollow object (meaning: it's not physically there and you can just walk or drive through it).

3) Finding the name of hte ingame object and moving all of them away from anything that resembles a road.

Any of these would be fine and improve the fun in playing this game by 100000% (for me atleast). 

Does anyone agree with me or am I just a moany player?

Kinds regards,

Ian McGuinness

PS: If anyone knows how I can put the picture up in this thread let me know or if you have a picture of one feel free to post it here.

Edited by Ian McGuinness
I found a way to insert the picture thanks to (I can't read the name because I am in this screen)!

Picture insert:

If you write or edit a message, in this window on the left/down Corner are this:  "Insert other media" --> click them and insert the URL from your picture.

(URL from your screenshots are possible).

And, welcome to the Forum.

{my first post without translator ^^ forgive me }

• Like 1

Thanks Sqeezorz. I got it working! 

If this is your first post without a translator, I guess you outgrew translators.

• Like 1

These tress are in now to create a more realistic forest floor.

You should not be able to off road with all vehicles and in the future some vehicles that should be able to drive over these will likely have the capability.

The V3S, an off road pick up truck, and an ATV, will likely be the best to deal with these once physics are updated.

I understand. It also looks nice and everything, but until those conditions you describe are met, would rather it:

- Destroys all vehicles, including the ones that will drive over them in the future.

- Destroy none of the vehicles, because they haven't got the vehicles working properly with those trees. Vastly improving the fun for all those people who have been in Alpha for years still having to spend hours  fixing trucks and off roads for a 5 minute ride.

IMO there is also a difference beween off-road (as in not on the dirt roads) and on dirt roads. My volvo 460 sedan would easily manage all dirt roads in the game, but wouldn't do well in the forest.