Carcrazy1280

Can't Start game, resolution error/graphics gltiching

I got a new laptop and now i can not start dayz. it will load the splash screen in the bottom right corner of the display then when it goes to full screen everything is super stretched(half of the screen). Everything is green and some of the graphics look messed up. the mouse is also not were the pointer is. I cant make any adjustments in game due to the stretched screen (half of dayz is off the screen)

Things i have done to try to fix the issue

rolled back Nvidia driver

updated Nvidia driver 

Made sure im running directx 11/12 (on 12)

changed my config file for dayz to 1900 x 1080(native display of monitor)

ran both steam and dayz as administrator

re-installed dayz 3 times while also doing the config file each time (with and without editiing it)

deleted config file and then edited it.

no matter what i try the result is still the same super stretched screen that is all green

I know its not the video card due to i just played all these games on ultra settings

Battlefield 1

Civ VI

Heroes of the storm

here is the "screen shot"(sorry had to use my phone windows was not even recognizing that dayz was up visually) 

Edited by Carcrazy1280

A few things to try, first make sure you have no launch options set for DayZ:

1) Go into your Steam Library, right click DayZ and click Properties then go to Set Launch Options.   If there's anything in there delete it and click OK.

It could also be a laptop thing (reverting to your integrated graphics card, I've had this happen when x64 first came out).  To fix that:

2) Go into your nVidia Control Panel, on the left under 3D Settings click on Manage 3D Settings then in the right panel under Global Settings make sure Preferred Graphics Card is set to High Performance nVidia Processor (and not auto-select)

Good luck.

Perhaps in Nvidia control panel:

- Configure surround, Physx: uncheck Span displays with Surround

- Adjust Desktop size and position, try what is on the size tab, on the other tab (scaling) try all settings: Aspect ratio / Full screen / No scaling

hth

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCO Games said:

Perhaps in Nvidia control panel:

- Configure surround, Physx: uncheck Span displays with Surround

- Adjust Desktop size and position, try what is on the size tab, on the other tab (scaling) try all settings: Aspect ratio / Full screen / No scaling

hth

span displays was already unchecked

i am not seeing the "adjust desktop size" in the Nvidia control panel

also side note eveytime the game starts i get "Enfusion game engine -  I am still alive" not sure if that is anything

"also side note everytime the game starts i get "Enfusion game engine -  I am still alive" not sure if that is anything"

You get that after you have Alt Tabbed out of the Dayz loading screen. Wonder what happens when you let the game load without alt tabbing, perhaps the resolution won't be off as you seem to experience now.

Edited by BCO Games