Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

Something Incredible

I've noticed something today while messing around with the video settings. The new .62 foliage on the ground doesn't completely disappear anymore when you put object detail on low. It can now be reliably be used as cover. It still has a render limit, but the new trees are also providing better protection at range now. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm very happy about it. 

• Like 2

You just posted a simple exploit, and you didn't know it. Send this to the devs to fix.

15 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

You just posted a simple exploit, and you didn't know it. Send this to the devs to fix.

Um, what? Everyone has been well aware of this issue, which is now much less of an issue, for a long time, especially Bohemia; and by no means was it a simple "fix." They massively overhauled the landscape to accomplish it. 

I did actually post about a similar issue on the feedback tracker a while ago. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

Sneaky needs more coffee this morning. ;)

So, yes, I have noticed that the objects settings now do not really have major differences like before. At the same time, it still makes a large impact on FPS so when I placed my object settings on low yesterday, almost nothing changed except some trees at around 1km or beyond, and my fps jumped about 20-30 frames. 

:D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Irish. said:

Sneaky needs more coffee this morning. ;)

So, yes, I have noticed that the objects settings now do not really have major differences like before. At the same time, it still makes a large impact on FPS so when I placed my object settings on low yesterday, almost nothing changed except some trees at around 1km or beyond, and my fps jumped about 20-30 frames. 

:D

Very nice ^^ 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1