Sign in to follow this  
marshalm

Anny one know how repair walkie talkie bug?

Hey does anny one know how make walke talkies working? I see peoples on youtube using them. But for me ewen if its pristine dry walkie talkie with fully charged pristine dry batery. I cant turn them on and switch chanels. Heard that other peoples hawe same problem too. But not ewery one. I tried reinstal but it still didnt working. Anny one hawe idea how to repair this bug?  

• Like 1

That is weird man.. can you make a little video showing you trying to get it to work? It could help, if the devs dont already know about this.

You usually just have to right click and select "turn on". You can switch channels using the same technique. You also need to change your voip selection from "Direct communication" to "radio" using "." and "," or the keys you have bound for this. You should check what keys are bound with your setup.

I never had any issues using the walkie-talkies.

• Like 2

Sorry dont know how make vid from game.

The main problem is with right click - cuz it shows only options to inspect or take to the hands nothing else. 

The bound keys for changing chats are settup normaly - checked that - but when pushed it doesnt change from direct chat to annything. 

i tought first that they disabled it like that you now cant open map or write notes but that isnt ewidently case. There is few articles on net that peoples hawe similar problem but no sollution in them. So probably dews know about it but did nothing so far.

20 hours ago, marshalm said:

snip

In game, place the walkie talkie in your hands. It should show the battery in it, in the left corner. Now right click the walkie talkie.. the screen that shows "inspect" will show up (this is the screen lacking for you "turn on" etc..)

Now press F12 to take a steam in-game image of your screen. Then come back and post it here.*

*This will show the devs and everyone else, that it is not working for you, as it should. Until then, no one knows if you're simply doing something wrong or if it truly is the games fault. :)

Edited by Irish.
  • Like 1

What language do you play in game? I changed my language to english and it worked in .61 ! I also tried a damaged one with a pestine battery in .62 and it didnt work. The damaged Flahlight worked with the same battery. So i dont realy know, juts try english in your game-settings!

Please let me know if it works and how to do so!

English should be set by default. 

Ok i right click when in hands. - i take picture but first need to find walkie and batery again that could take a while  :-/ 

• Like 1

Oki problem solved. it was the language. Ewen when all menus was in english the language in setting was set to czech. After i switched it it started working. 

Thanks a lot XD

• Like 1