Sgtbobster

Story Mode

My suggestion is a Story Mode feature, instead of just having a Multiplayer, try adding in a Story driven Free roam or something on that range... Kinda like TWD, but your own way.

The player (He/She) picks their Skin color, Gender, and role in the Post-Apocalyptic world of DayZ, and what ever role they chose, it would have its own advantages, as would the others.

A Firefighter, Strength/Stamina

A Police Officer, Adaptability/Critical Thinking

A Soldier, Endurance/Steady Aiming

A Lumber Jack, Cut trees faster/Strength

A Civilian, since a Civ is a Jack of all trades. So a Civ works out, Eats a lot of food, Shoots guns often, are in sports, so you could get a 50/50 chance of your character being 1. Fat/Slim, 2. Strong/Weak, 3. Fast/Slow, 4. Steady Aiming/Very unsteady Aiming, and 5. Panicky/Chill

You would be able to do Everything you can do in Multiplayer, But it would be Story driven, so your actions has Consequences, Both Good and Bad of course, For Example

You get word of a Camp being over run by Zombies, you go help but as you arrive at that camp you get word that another survivor camp is being over run, but you decide to stay and help this small band of survivors, when your done helping, they decide to pack up and follow you to a bigger, more secure camp with a lot of other people. But when you arrive at that bigger camp you realize that camp was the other one being over run and everyone is dead, so you have to find a new spot.

Also you can give survivors guns, to protect them selves, but they have the ability to turn on you and try to kill you, you can decide whether to give that survivor a Loaded Gun, or an Unloaded Gun.

But that's about all I have thought up for now, But I will be adding to this in the Near Future, I Would love to see this become and Actual Feature in DayZ

~Robert Lambert

If you need to contact me for further Ideas and any Questions you can reach me at my email

sgtbobster@gmail.com

• Like 1

I don't see them doing this though I think it would be pretty sweet. I imagine modding will have different things introduced. I figure some of the first mods will be enemy AI like in the mod except this time I look for them to be like us and able to utilize all the different loot so they will look like us etc which would be great for PVE servers and immersion. I also figure missions will also come about or some sort of quests, hopefully they are more fleshed out than the mod was they could make quests involving finding a certain vial of medicine or patient zero or kill x number of bandits/heroes be it AI or player. All kinds of things modding will add and those are the ones I hope and figure to see. If the dev's were to add a story think of the amount of time to do it properly first thing they would need to do is get a story written and since we do not take kindly to half assing in this game it would take some time. I just don't see it happening I would try a RP server honestly the game plays a lot different you'll usually have towns or settlements setup, people trade tell stories, plot to kill,sabotage,poison players. If you want quests i'm sure you could find a way to go on a mission for a group or individual folks always need things or dirt done. give it a shot.

Edited by Gannonndorf
  • Like 1

Most of those things you've mentioned are soft skills, which will be later introduced in the development proccess. As for marksmanship and other combat abillities, devs said that they have no intention in messing around with that. When it comes to PvP, it'll be completly you. Your talent, your pure skill. You either die or survive, choice is on you.

I don't think DayZ will have any kind of story, atleast devs said that, too. It just doesn't really add up. Bohemia's most succesfull game ( Arma ) isn't so much known for it's story. Yeah, DayZ COULD have few missions like Arma has showcase thingies, but I think that'll be all. Not the Last of Us type or anything. I think you want to see DayZ Wasteland. It might come when modding comes in the game.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 10:33 AM, Gannonndorf said:

I don't see them doing this though I think it would be pretty sweet. I imagine modding will have different things introduced. I figure some of the first mods will be enemy AI like in the mod except this time I look for them to be like us and able to utilize all the different loot so they will look like us etc which would be great for PVE servers and immersion. I also figure missions will also come about or some sort of quests, hopefully they are more fleshed out than the mod was they could make quests involving finding a certain vial of medicine or patient zero or kill x number of bandits/heroes be it AI or player. All kinds of things modding will add and those are the ones I hope and figure to see. If the dev's were to add a story think of the amount of time to do it properly first thing they would need to do is get a story written and since we do not take kindly to half assing in this game it would take some time. I just don't see it happening I would try a RP server honestly the game plays a lot different you'll usually have towns or settlements setup, people trade tell stories, plot to kill,sabotage,poison players. If you want quests i'm sure you could find a way to go on a mission for a group or individual folks always need things or dirt done. give it a shot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 4/25/2017 at 4:12 PM, Just Caused said:

Most of those things you've mentioned are soft skills, which will be later introduced in the development proccess. As for marksmanship and other combat abillities, devs said that they have no intention in messing around with that. When it comes to PvP, it'll be completly you. Your talent, your pure skill. You either die or survive, choice is on you.

I don't think DayZ will have any kind of story, atleast devs said that, too. It just doesn't really add up. Bohemia's most succesfull game ( Arma ) isn't so much known for it's story. Yeah, DayZ COULD have few missions like Arma has showcase thingies, but I think that'll be all. Not the Last of Us type or anything. I think you want to see DayZ Wasteland. It might come when modding comes in the game.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with both of you, but it would be nice to have a story, or somewhat of a story, or something.... like a single player or something like that... Maybe you right your own story, like if there were a Single Player mode, before you spawn, you type in what your story is, and it gets added to your inventory.... like on a piece of paper, but it's just a suggestion.

for any questions, Contact me at sgtbobster@gmail.com

The whole thing that sets Dayz APART from games like TWD is the fact that there is no story mode. That's what makes Dayz awesome. Never going to change that. Maybe with modding, but HIGHLY doubt it.