Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

"Hey man.. are there coyotes in this game?!"

what is wrong with this dude CLOSE THE FUCKN DOOR MAN !! hahaa

Wolves are a bit OP when you godda shoot em with 3 AK bullets each

• Like 2

I've still not had a run in with any wolves. I've seen them attack a zombie way in the distance and I stumbled upon a single wolf in Novaya, however that is the extent of my interaction with them. My brother's been killed by them three times in the same time period, I'm not sure whether to envy him or not :')

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, josephoshaughnessy said:

I've still not had a run in with any wolves. I've seen them attack a zombie way in the distance and I stumbled upon a single wolf in Novaya, however that is the extent of my interaction with them. My brother's been killed by them three times in the same time period, I'm not sure whether to envy him or not :')

No joke.. just after posting that video I logged in. Wolves were on me immediately. Got pinned in a shed and eventually had to log off for IRL stuff..

Logged back into the game, different character.. only to have the EXACT same thing happen. #FML

Hilarious video, Irish. Props to the guy for killing a wolf with a spear. That should be an achievement.

On 3/22/2017 at 7:57 PM, liquidcactus said:

Wolves are a bit OP when you godda shoot em with 3 AK bullets each

I think they are perfectly balanced on strength, except for maybe the headshots. Wild hogs can definitely survive multiple headshots in real life, but wolves cannot. Other than the headshot issue, I have no issue with their overall strength. I just wish they were more prevalent or that there were certain areas of the map where they constantly spawn or spawn often. It is great to see things like wolves implemented for PVE. Hopefully bears will follow, but they have not been added to the development board unfortunately. The infected are not much of a challenge right now, and as long as you have a machine gun with 30+ rounds, you're good for one man against a pack, even if you're caught out in the open. Wolves are even more disappointing when you are in a group of three or more. You hunt forever for a pack, then the pack is exterminated in a matter of seconds with very little risk.

Nothing against you, Cactus--just my personal opinion on the current state of wolves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

That should be an achievement.

WOLF MAN - kill pack of wolves with only spear

lol

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 3:09 AM, Wolf of Thorns said:

I think they are perfectly balanced on strength, except for maybe the headshots. Wild hogs can definitely survive multiple headshots in real life, but wolves cannot. Other than the headshot issue, I have no issue with their overall strength. I just wish they were more prevalent or that there were certain areas of the map where they constantly spawn or spawn often. It is great to see things like wolves implemented for PVE. Hopefully bears will follow, but they have not been added to the development board unfortunately. The infected are not much of a challenge right now, and as long as you have a machine gun with 30+ rounds, you're good for one man against a pack, even if you're caught out in the open. Wolves are even more disappointing when you are in a group of three or more. You hunt forever for a pack, then the pack is exterminated in a matter of seconds with very little risk.

Nothing against you, Cactus--just my personal opinion on the current state of wolves.

I can see what you mean, If you have enough ammo its all good. The thing is I've only ran into wolves by myself and when there is a pack 6 or 7 with not alot of ammo (and hands shaking in RL from scaredness) ^_^. I'm thinking perhaps in the future it will be nerf'd a tad when the game is harder as atm you can get ammo and weapons quick especially if you have friends. 

Regardless i must say its damn exciting man and I've waited a while to see and its such a fantastic dynamic because half the time you forget they are even in the game until you hear that distant howl

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liquidcactus said:

Regardless i must say its damn exciting man and I've waited a while to see and its such a fantastic dynamic because half the time you forget they are even in the game until you hear that distant howl

I'm gonna have a new video soon, showing some intense Wolf attacks. I've been quite unlucky with running into packs lately, but lucky with surviving them. I know what you mean.. you tend to forget until you hear a dog bark, or howl off in the distance. Suddenly sh*t gets real!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lrishjake said:

I'm gonna have a new video soon, showing some intense Wolf attacks. I've been quite unlucky with running into packs lately, but lucky with surviving them. I know what you mean.. you tend to forget until you hear a dog bark, or howl off in the distance. Suddenly sh*t gets real!

Lookn forward to it jake, this was a great video.. was it you playing or a freind ??