Cannot Play DayZ Because Virus:

Hello everyone, I simply cannot play DayZ because a virus has infected my dnsapi.dll (located in System32). I would love to play this game yet i cannot because BattleEye keeps detecting something wrong with it, it gives an error in little to no detail but i know this is the case because my antivirus told me there was an issue.

Q: "Why don't you delete it then."

A: "I cannot because the PC depends on dnsapi.dll to have internet, (which cannot be replaced without fresh install of windows. sfc /scannow does not work for me either).

I suggest you (the Dev's of DayZ) to please address this issue because BattleEye detects an issue with the file in question, (I don't even understand why this checks a dll that isn't in the directory of DayZ, especially if it is a dependency for windows mostly, or isn't injected).

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from somebody about this issue as i'd love to have the game I payed for, at least... playable?!

9359e1c6b8a64e8c829383cb8524b6f5.png633a862c09be497b90871169ca15d1f9.png

On 3/17/2017 at 11:52 AM, Just Caused said:

Re-format your whole hard drive? You get faster PC and you can play DayZ once again. Win-win.

Good luck with a box store computer if that's the case, lol.

You're right though I don't use any protection beyond windows firewall and just re-organise, store pics externaly, etc. and wipe my machine every year or so, it helps with performance and you don't end up screwed if your HD has a mechanical failure. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Magestic

| Apply Now | Recruitment Status : Open |
      | Join Our Teamspeak Now! sotl.teamspeak3.com |

| Officer |
      General | 
      Colonel | 
      Major | 
      Captain | 
      1st Lieutenant | 
      2nd Lieutenant | 
      Chief Warrant Officer | 
      Warrant Officer | 

| Enlisted |
      Command Sergeant Major | 
      First Sergeant | 
      Master Sergeant | 
      Staff Sergeant | 
      Sergeant | 
      Corporal | 
      Private First Class | 
      Private |  

- Magestic | Steam Profile
       - Jaeric
       - P_Krue  - Aryki

(Please Write Corresponding Answers In Red)
      1. How Old Are You? (If You're Under 16, Fuck Off Kindly.) [ ]
      2. What Is Your Timezone? [ ]
      3. Do You Have TeamSpeak? [ ]
      4. How Many Hours Do You Have On DayZ? [ ]
      5. How Well Do You Follow Instructions? (1-10) [ ]
      6. Will You Be Committed To The Clan? [ ]
      7. Anything Else You'd Like To Add? [ ]

| To Be Used By Soldiers Of The Lost Members Only |

( None, but we are open to alliances, please PM Magestic for further discussion. )

( None, but all clans are considered Neutral until agreements are made or hostile actions from a clan are made. )

( None )

• By Ryan Blunt
      I play a lot on the PIPSI.net hive, and i noticed that some of their servers (not all) have vanished from the browser, and im assuming that other servers are also invidible but i wouldn't notice. The PIPSI website says that all 4 of their servers are up and running and have players on them, so im thinking its a local issue? I have reset my filters, restarted my game and my computer but the problem persists. I don't want to have to resinstall my game if i dont have to, so any help would be appreciated.
    • By marques Jeremy
      Hello, sorry for my english cause i'm from France. My problem is, when i want to play DayZ, i search a server, normal. And when i join a server. The game crash and the error is 0x0000000 ... 0x000000000 momory can't be read or write ( 2 possibilities ) I have buy the  game yesterday.. Help me :( ( I've 8GB RAM and windows 8 32bits)