Sign in to follow this  
cornflakesx

I need to restart my PC to get better frames?

Hello.

Whenever i start my PC and join ANY game not specificly DayZ i have almost unplayable 30 fps? Today at dayz i was stucked to 30-40 fps, when i restart my pc i get back to normal. I have overclocked my AMD readon 7700 from 800 - 800 to 840 - 960. Any ideas? And is it bad to restart my pc all the times i start my computer?

You should monitor temperatures, processes, is something else using your CPU, how much RAM is used etc.

There can be many kinds of reasons.

15 hours ago, cornflakesx said:

Hello.

Whenever i start my PC and join ANY game not specificly DayZ i have almost unplayable 30 fps? Today at dayz i was stucked to 30-40 fps, when i restart my pc i get back to normal. I have overclocked my AMD readon 7700 from 800 - 800 to 840 - 960. Any ideas? And is it bad to restart my pc all the times i start my computer?

Sounds like OC settings get an override or something. How did you overclock? Did you do it in the BIOS or are you using software?

11 hours ago, nl said:

Sounds like OC settings get an override or something. How did you overclock? Did you do it in the BIOS or are you using software?

I used the AMD Crimsmon software.

1 hour ago, cornflakesx said:

A quick search on that AMD Crimsmon software shows me a lot of people complaining about it, well in 2015 at least, maybe you should search yourself a bit and see what others did to solve it. Maybe you can try a different version or even disable it and try overclocking in your BIOS, if it supports that.

13 hours ago, cornflakesx said:

[skip to the end if you are only interested in GPU overclocking]

Revert your changes and uninstall that software. In general, you should not use software to overclock your computer's components. You should do it from the bios. Problems such as the one you are now experiencing are the reasons why. Most CPUs nowadays come pre-built with simple overclocking features that are as easy as flipping a switch in the bios. However, real overclocking involves manually changing your clock speeds from the bios and then testing your results until failure, finding the optimal maximum clock speed your cpu is capable of, which is not always the same even for the same model of CPU. What you have done is essentially a false overclock. You cant rely on software to tell your CPU what speeds to run at. You need to manually change what those speeds are. If you did not build your computer yourself, it is likely that your computer's bios is locked and it won't allow you to manually change your clock speeds. This is usually why people resort to software to begin with, but it rarely works right. 

But don't fret. It is likely that you still have some options to attain higher speeds in your bios. I have avoided manually overclocking myself because I don't currently have the proper cooling to support it, but I have turned on two features in my bios that I've gotten a pretty large jump in performance from. I turned on "turbo toost," and "multi core enhancement," which are both by default turned off. I am using an Intel CPU. AMD likely has other similar features you can explore in your system's bios, but I would recommend doing a bit of research on what those options are before using them. 

edit: I see that you are talking about overclocking your GPU. This may not be possible from the bios, though it is still worth a look. I would consider alternative software if you are committed to overclocking your GPU, or just upgrade your card. I use something called OC Guru II to control my GPU fan speeds, which is an alternative to Nvidea Control Panel, the Nvidea equivalent of AMD Catalyst Control. See if you can find your card manufacturer's website. You might find software specifically suited to your GPU model. I will say though that while the graphics card you have isn't exceptionally powerful, you may still want to focus your attention on your CPU for higher fps in Day Z

edit 2: I have underlined the part of this post that directly addresses your question.

Edited by Solopopo

21 hours ago, Solopopo said:

[skip to the end if you are only interested in GPU overclocking]

Revert your changes and uninstall that software. In general, you should not use software to overclock your computer's components. You should do it from the bios. Problems such as the one you are now experiencing are the reasons why. Most CPUs nowadays come pre-built with simple overclocking features that are as easy as flipping a switch in the bios. However, real overclocking involves manually changing your clock speeds from the bios and then testing your results until failure, finding the optimal maximum clock speed your cpu is capable of, which is not always the same even for the same model of CPU. What you have done is essentially a false overclock. You cant rely on software to tell your CPU what speeds to run at. You need to manually change what those speeds are. If you did not build your computer yourself, it is likely that your computer's bios is locked and it won't allow you to manually change your clock speeds. This is usually why people resort to software to begin with, but it rarely works right. 

But don't fret. It is likely that you still have some options to attain higher speeds in your bios. I have avoided manually overclocking myself because I don't currently have the proper cooling to support it, but I have turned on two features in my bios that I've gotten a pretty large jump in performance from. I turned on "turbo toost," and "multi core enhancement," which are both by default turned off. I am using an Intel CPU. AMD likely has other similar features you can explore in your system's bios, but I would recommend doing a bit of research on what those options are before using them. 

edit: I see that you are talking about overclocking your GPU. This may not be possible from the bios, though it is still worth a look. I would consider alternative software if you are committed to overclocking your GPU, or just upgrade your card. I use something called OC Guru II to control my GPU fan speeds, which is an alternative to Nvidea Control Panel, the Nvidea equivalent of AMD Catalyst Control. See if you can find your card manufacturer's website. You might find software specifically suited to your GPU model. I will say though that while the graphics card you have isn't exceptionally powerful, you may still want to focus your attention on your CPU for higher fps in Day Z

edit 2: I have underlined the part of this post that directly addresses your question.

Hey man! Thank you for the help! I see that you can get big boost if you trun on Turbo Boost and Multy Core enhancement. From where i can do that? And is it dangerous ? Plus can i have your Steam so i can ask you bit more :)

My steam name is "maddpeace" if you wish to message me directly. Yes, it can be dangerous. I highly advise you to do a bit of research before changing things around in your system's BIOS, which is where you would make these changes from. 

19 hours ago, Solopopo said:

My steam name is "maddpeace" if you wish to message me directly. Yes, it can be dangerous. I highly advise you to do a bit of research before changing things around in your system's BIOS, which is where you would make these changes from. 

I cant find you for some reason. Can you add me? CorCYoutube