Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

Feeling of different weather effects. in Dayz

I just wanted to stop in and show you guys something that would be amazing, not perfect for the area of dayz but little effects like this and our current rain system make a game all that much more appealing.

Look at this screen shot i took today, its mind blowing how weather can have such a huge effect on you.

81954D069BF41E338552F6F00D9FB3BB282C25C3

That is a sever sandstorm effect, never seen  before until now.

DE6E6B20973278D61538F19993A0450D7A4542B0

and another of it actually darkened out the game.

53EE93540B76544CFA162E368136E737D36B1C54

What effects do you know of that would make it much more appealing for dayz?

I know snow effects, blizzards etc.. but we could even go as far as darkened effects with the rain and the thunder. Pour in and all of a sudden you end up with effects like above.

I know this isnt exactly dayz material i posted but i know our current rain state is really good.

• Like 1

This close to beta.. too late to the party if you ask me.

Ideas are great, but ask yourself first.. is there even a chance of them doing something brand new, that they haven't already started work on, this late in the game? 

21 hours ago, lrishjake said:

This close to beta.. too late to the party if you ask me.

Ideas are great, but ask yourself first.. is there even a chance of them doing something brand new, that they haven't already started work on, this late in the game? 

No, but after beta maybe. One of the things i saw while modding into arma 3 was the after effects by clients.

We never really got it right Jake, it always seemed too demanding for one, and just not the same feel. So it would have to be a weather effect option later on, or added to the admin modding tools.

That's all i can really say. Late to the game, Yes, completely hard to ask now. But that sandstorm..... omfg was that cool to see for the first time. Now i just sit in awe each time i see it rise from the grounds up.