boggle

Craftable rope using leather strips

I'm constantly thinking of things that would allow us to run straight into the woods at spawn to live off of the land. Rope is essential in MANY craftable things right now. I know you can create rope with 2 stacks of 6 rags. But I think it would be cool if we could craft rope from leather strips or something. Maybe use a snare to catch a rabbit then use that leather to craft a rope (first the way that we tan leather would need overhauling, as I've mentioned before in this thread)

• Like 1

Like many other useful bushcraft plants, there is a model for nettles in-game, but there is no use for them as of yet.

Nettle has fibers in the stems that can be used to make cordage. I have made bowstrings from them in real life, and you can even make cloth with nettlefiber if you know how.

Same thing with rawhide and sinew. Rawhide is the dried skin of an animal, which can be cut into strips and used as cordage. Sinew is the fiber of the tendons, found in the limbs of a slain animal, and is a great fiber for making arrows and such with. However, both lose strength when they get wet.

Grass and certain barks and roots can be twisted, using a 2-ply method, into cordage.

• Like 1