Finch (DayZ)

How do you Pronounce the name?

Day Zed it would seem because of the capital letter, but I've been calling it Days.

daisy if your an american or watch alot of movies

day zed if your english

I say Dayz (days) in my head since first reading it... To me "Day Zee" and "Day Zed" sound silly and cheapen the chilling vibe the game (and name) should carry!

I pronounce it "Day Zet". Z is in my language called Zet, so that's why. Although sometimes I remind myself that it's Zed, not Zet in English and call it "Day Zed". Occasionally "Day Zee".

I'd say either "Day Zee" or "Day Zed" are valid, pays your money and takes your choice.

Daze. Day zed. Day zee. Tend to use different pronunciation depending on who I'm talking to.

Day Zed. But most people I speak to prefer to call it Days, with a Z sound at the end, like Daze. It's easier to pronounce, I guess.

RPS: Are we calling it “day-zee” or “Day Zed”?

Hall: Day-zee, we went with – I actually think the name is terrible, and I came up with it. It was really just a working name originally, but it started as a working name and now it has stuck. It’s grown on me as someone came up with a new logo and so on. So perhaps it’s not too bad.

From: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/16/an-interview-with-rocket-creator-of-day-z/

I tend to alternate beween day zee because of the americans I know exacting their influence on me too much, or just hopping on mumble and asking if anyone wants to zambies. Gets the job done.

I refer to it as the following:

"Daisy"

"Day Zee"

"Daze"(As in Dazed and Confused)

Never crossed my mind to call it "Day Zed" despite being very aware of the pronunciation thanks to not being a closeted American. (I'm American, but not a shut-in that doesn't learn about other cultures. :P)

Day Zed' date=' because, after all, they're Zeds.

[/quote']

Not Day Walkers? :p