blacktwin0

Coordinates on client

With .61 we have coordinates in the debug window. I'm assuming this information is coming from the server. Is there any chance that coordinate info would be available or logged client side? I thought that this might be in one of the games files similar to the last server played. 

I've been getting into mapping with python and wanted to map my travels across the map.

• Like 1

You will most likely not find coordinates in a file. Writing coordinates to disk when they update frequently is a bit of a stupid move as it will put unnecessary strain on your hard disk. Try using cheat engine to locate their address in memory and then extract it with Python.

1 hour ago, Zing Freelancer said:

Writing coordinates to disk when they update frequently is a bit of a stupid move as it will put unnecessary strain on your hard disk

Agreed. I didn't know if player's coordinates of log off would be recorded. Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder, once the server tools are released, how coordinate data will be logged.

Would be kinda of nice to get a travel map option at the end of each character though.

Maybe something a mod could do down the line, but definitely something I'd like to see, especially after a long life.

4 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Would be kinda of nice to get a travel map option at the end of each character though.

Maybe something a mod could do down the line, but definitely something I'd like to see, especially after a long life.

Yeah that is what I'm interested in. 

4 minutes ago, blacktwin0 said:

Yeah that is what I'm interested in. 

Player Unknowns new BR game has something similar. That ofc shows all players, but a different version of that would be really cool.