Sign in to follow this  
odin_lowe

More freshwater fish

Hello survivors, and devs. Recently with 0.61, I've notice my enjoyment factor went through the roof. Even though I already have 2000 hours + in DayZ SA, this patch caught me off-guard with joy and fun. So I started thinking about what could make me love the game even more, and even though I'd love for changing seasons and snow, it's been already on the subject multiple times, and is already something the devs are considering.

So what's next then? For me, fishing. Fishing as been a passion of mine for the past 28 years, and with the addition of the telescopic fishing rod with the spinning reel, I've been really exited to see if they would add more fish or even lures to the game. Sadly, alas, I never heard anything on that subject.

With many animals already in the game or planned, and with the recent addition of predators, I think it's time the streams, ponds and lakes of Chernarus get some attention. So with that in mind, I did a bit of research on the various freshwater fish species that can be found in Czech Republic and the surrounding areas.

http://fishinginprague.com/fish-species/          <--- This is a very good list with many species much tastier than carp, trust me. 

The list is pretty big, but I think 5 to 10 new species would be great. Trouts, catfish (bullheads), walleye and pikes would be amazing. 

We'll see how it goes, but fingers crossed at least a few new fish species make it into the game! 

Safe travels all! Cheers!

6sdtau.jpg

Different baits, and areas maybe as well? Crickets for Trout, etc ...and make insects harder to find than Worms.

Edited by ShaneRetter

I also saw a fishing vest one time in a sports store and thought it would make a great civilian vest type that could spawn on boats