Sign in to follow this  
NickNasty6

Hearing zombie steps and now that they're kind of a threat

Brings back the DayZ Mod feels playing at night solo in-game.    Desperate for ammo or a gun with internal/magazine (as I was chambering a 1911 for protection) I decided to take a plunge into Zelenogorsk after hearing shots at Pavlovo while in the woods just west of it.  After sneaking around house to house I got greedy and made a dash for the police station, While doing so I hear aggro in the distance. paranoia ensues.  sitting in the police station with pistol aimed at steps hearing multiple steps just outside unsure if it is a person stalking up or an infected.   after about 5+ minutes of listening, watching, and not moving much. I hear more aggro in distance..  I finally talked myself down and decided to make my escape.  I sprinted out, zigging and zagging running into a green two story closing doors behind me.  DayZ gods were watching over me   1911 mag right where I sat. 

As I continue my exit nearly at tree line to the east I hear shots and more shots (pistol and shotgun?) then silence. 

congrats .61 experimental .. you made me feel that feeling i've longed for in this game since the mod. 

• Like 4

Yeah, the steps are awesome! Can't wait them to fix their voice tho, atm is impossible to tell when they noticed you. 

5 min ago was my last session for the week: Spawned in Cherno, didn't managed to find food at all, was running like crazy from infected hoping to hear a shot at least and try to die with some dignity trying to eat some human flesh lol. In the end found 2 chickens :D

I cannot empathize how much of an impact the new gun sounds have made on the atmosphere like I'm just running around in a forest and every time I hear that "pow pow" I realize just how amazing this game's concept is.