Sign in to follow this  
DigitalMillennial

Crazy Zombies = Unification?

If you haven't seen the dev teams latest video; you can check it out here...

Now after you've seen this I was hoping to spark a discussion. After watching this video and seeing the aggression and numbers behind the zombies, do you think play interactions will become more frequent? I think killing on sight will remain a large part of DayZ, it always will be, but if you're being chased in a town and you bump into another player maybe it would be more likely to see some cooperation. I'm not sure about you guys but seeing this made me a little excited as it was nearly nostalgic!

Sorry if the post is poorly structured, I'm still getting the hang of posting and all that jazz, but I'd really love to know your guy's thoughts!

• Like 2

Oh, yes, absolutely. I believe this will fundamentally change how the game works and how interaction is based on trust. Food and supplies will be that much harder to obtain with that many zombies, and it will almost force a ninja gameplay style if you want to get in and out without attracting any attention. . It will also deter players from firing their guns on others whilst in a busy town for simple fear of being torn to shreds from the onslaught of the running horde.

I can barely wait to play this. . Nor wait for the impending improvements infected will be receiving soon. I can only imagine so much, but the idea of variation of Infected 'types', the animations to destroy a door or at least break it open, upgraded sound packs to be scarier, further rendered appearances to be HD scary as hell. . Probably so much more. 

It also makes me wonder if we'll be getting more animations with the player controller, such as leaping through windows at a cost of health/possibility of bleeding - But more things and way to escape encounters. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Yes I love that last part about an escape mechanic as well, it's a bit distant but it would be an incredible feature! I just can't wait to see how this functions when implimented...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the meatier parts are being loaded in within the next few months and are all happening around the same time. I have hope that the Devs will be cranking out updates once they get the initial engine stuff implemented. 

As long as physics, infected upgrades, and environmental upgrades, and harsher survival methods are created in the game, then it will be A+. . And I can see all of those things happening very soon, not to mention the new player controller and like a million other things.

Oh yes™!

edit: How could I miss that vid?

edit2: OOOH and someone on twitter recognized this...

IREGs9i.jpg 

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 4:50 PM, DigitalMillennial said:

Now after you've seen this I was hoping to spark a discussion. After watching this video and seeing the aggression and numbers behind the zombies, do you think play interactions will become more frequent?

Yes, because the infected will alert folks to nearby players.

Will a larger threat from zeds result in a visible increase in friendliness and teamwork? No. 

Any increase in teamwork from friendlies alerted to nearby players in trouble would be cancelled out by the increase in killing by bandits alerted to nearby players in trouble.