jdotjdot7

Banned for "NightCrawling" ?

I'm the admin of 404.You were banned for Nightcrawling -- i.e. you were banned for being observed by a server moderator in a firefight, logging out, changing positions on another server, and logging back in at an advantageous position. It's a reference to the X-Men character, Nightcrawler, who has the ability of teleporting behind enemies. It is a shameful act of both combat logging and exploiting the persistence offered by this mod. Anyone who argues that this is "part of the alpha experience" or maybe "not as bad as I'm making it out to be" -- just stop. Stop now. There is no way to defend against a person who uses the persistence to seemingly teleport around during the battle.

With that said, I'm happy to work with any banned person as there are so few quality tools for admins in order to provide a constant stream of indisputable evidence. However, this is the log from the night you were banned supporting the decision. The timestamps match up perfectly with the claims by the individuals you killed, the individuals who immediately contacted me via the email link our on server community's website. There was apparently a large group that you were completely aware of that was composed of server regulars. I've deleted any lines showing other players or direct chat.

16:58:54 Player Josh disconnected.

17:02:49 Josh uses modified data file

17:02:49 Player Josh connecting.

17:02:49 BattlEye Server: Player #2 Josh (76.178.70.85:2304) connected

17:02:49 Player Josh connected (id=27483270).

17:02:50 BattlEye Server: Player #2 Josh - GUID: de9566191752e613e1688b5f72970851 (unverified)

17:02:50 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (de9566191752e613e1688b5f72970851) of player #2 Josh

17:04:53 Player Josh kicked off by BattlEye: Banned (Nightcrawling)

17:04:53 Player Josh disconnected.

Later on' date=' I log back on Seattle 404 and i am "Banned for NightCrawling"[/quote']

You disconnected, relocated, reconnected minutes later in an advantageous position. You're also obviously lying because you were banned while actively playing. You didn't "come back" and find out you were banned like your original post mentions. That part of your story is falsified; is it really a stretch to think that other parts of your story might be a lie as well?

As for those of you commenting that this ban was unjust or undeserved, I'm going to need you to calm down. You have an individual bringing a biased perspective -- like the hundreds of others that litter this forum -- and you fall for it everytime. Good job being part of the problem.

It's too bad that so few people actually come to the defense of the administrator. It's also bittersweet that, after disproving the claims by this user, the reputation is still tainted. Not that it really matters; I don't care to have people like yourselves populating my server just so I can defend myself every other day because a scheduled restart took place after you made a kill or stole a vehicle.

We also have plenty of admins who abuse their power. We go based on the evidence we're given and you were late to the party. Go figure.

There is no point anyone rushing to the defense of anyone. An administrator doesn't deserve anymore respect than any other player. Sure, you decided to shell out cash to fund your server but that doesn't make you any more special than anyone else. It's a bit annoying to hear the same entitled crap from every administrator.

Also, in response to your last paragraph, drop the attitude. 'People like us' do populate your server although if you keep that chip on your shoulder, I doubt we'll be populating it for much longer. I'm sure your entitled superiority complex will give you all the reason you need to keep spending your money on a dead server though!

Back on topic: Mod needs to close this. Appeal is done, I think.

Here is what he really did.

2 of us were coming to raid NW airfield. We were crouch running NW to the farthest hanger from the firehouse. We noticed a player come out of a hanger. He see's us. He runs between the hangers towards the back. We split up. I go around back and my partner goes around front.

My partner gets there and gets killed 2 seconds before I come around the corner. Josh looks at me as I bring my gun up to fire and he runs into a bush and disappears as I light up the bush.

I then run around and hide in a hanger as all the zombies come after me. I'm also waiting on one of our players to come across the airfield from the southwest. Another is coming from the NW of the airfield by North Barracks.

The one from SE spots Josh logging back in behind the hangar I am in and sees him heading towards the back of the fire station. We head through the front door and there is no Josh. So we look out back and see nothing as our other teammate comes from the back industrial area.

As we see our northern friend we turn around to go in the fire station and a few seconds later our friend yells out he's been shot and the guy is at the junk pile behind the station.

We come out and my friend puts a FAL shot into him as he logs off in front of our eyes.

During all this, the first guy who had died has been watching the lobby and has caught Josh red handed and notified the admin.

Now Josh we know either died or was in a world of hurt, but neither one of us got a murder. We hightail it back to the first guy who died between the hangers and right before my eyes a player logs in under a tree looking right at us and kills us both.

No idea who the guy who killed us was but I assume it was John.

Majority of the time when I die it's because of some sniper who I never see. I can't stand finally having a chance for a fire fight only to have the gutless SOB log out and pop up behind us.

We all play together and just about any firefight we get into we have someone watch the lobby or player list.

Orphen, your only contribution to the thread was accusing me of banning someone unnecessarily, suggesting that I need to be dealt with. And this is "going on evidence you're given?" Are you really that gullible or are you just that stupid?

I'm not asking for more respect than another player. You're part of the problem hero. Without a shred of evidence, you assume the admin is at fault. Sure, there are abusive admins out there among the *thousands* of servers; lumping everyone in together seems a little unfair given many of us advocate for you, the player, by providing a server and doing what we can to keep it an enjoyable experience.

As for being late, the thread had to be moved; I see reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. My contact information is plastered on our website; the player in question has the resources available to contact me with ease. I don't care to peruse the constant stream of idiocy polluting this forum.

The shred of evidence was his testimony, pretty much. We've heard it plenty of times before and multiple times it's been true. I'd rather go with guilty until proven innocent based on my experience with administrators.

Smooth. Insulting my reading abilities. Is this what we should expect of server admins? You aren't helping improve my opinion on server admins.

Also, just to add, where else would you find a ban appeal than in the ban appeals section?

We also have plenty of admins who abuse their power. We go based on the evidence we're given and you were late to the party. Go figure.

There is no point anyone rushing to the defense of anyone. An administrator doesn't deserve anymore respect than any other player. Sure' date=' you decided to shell out cash to fund your server but that doesn't make you any more special than anyone else. It's a bit annoying to hear the same entitled crap from every administrator. [/quote']

It's more than a bit annoying to read the same entitled crap from players who don't run servers while the admins of those servers have to hear about hacking/exploiting 25 times a day and when they do get someone dead to rights and ban them they have to wade through 50 posts that were made because the original poster only tells half the story.

If players were half intelligent and went to forums of the server to appeal bans then there wouldn't be an issue. Almost every single server name has the website of what clan/group/gaming community hosts the server.

Late to the party? You expect everyone to sit here and read half the crap on these forums all day instead of playing this wonderful game we have?

Also, in response to your last paragraph, drop the attitude. 'People like us' do populate your server although if you keep that chip on your shoulder, I doubt we'll be populating it for much longer. I'm sure your entitled superiority complex will give you all the reason you need to keep spending your money on a dead server though!

Sounds like you aren't populating it as it is. Come on in so we can kill you or attempt to before you log off like the coward you are.

It's more than a bit annoying to read the same entitled crap from players who don't run servers while the admins of those servers have to hear about hacking/exploiting 25 times a day and when they do get someone dead to rights and ban them they have to wade through 50 posts that were made because the original poster only tells half the story.

If players were half intelligent and went to forums of the server to appeal bans then there wouldn't be an issue. Almost every single server name has the website of what clan/group/gaming community hosts the server.

Late to the party? You expect everyone to sit here and read half the crap on these forums all day instead of playing this wonderful game we have?

Sounds like you aren't populating it as it is. Come on in so we can kill you or attempt to before you log off like the coward you are.

That was the responsibility the admin took when he decided to run a server. It was his decision. Not every server has it's own webpage. That's why this section of the forum was created, smartarse.

I would expect server admins who have a major role in how DayZ works would pay attention to the forums of that very mod, yes. Why? Do you think server admins should play the game all day instead of doing their job?

Lastly, I have my own home server to play, why would I log on a server with an entitled admin with a dense ego and his legion of fanboys when I can play on my home server with my buddies and not have to wade through your awful attempts at primitive territorial dominance?

Oh, and to finish, I don't disconnect in combat. But thanks for proving that I'm not the only one that goes with the guilty until proven innocence attitude.

The thread was moved to Ban Appeals. It's okay Orphen; reading is hard!

The shred of evidence was his testimony, pretty much...I'd rather go with guilty until proven innocent based on my experience with administrators.

Well thank goodness the authority isn't in the hands of prepubescent morons like yourself. It's truly astonishing at just how agile you are as you avoid every piece of logic thrown your way.

You, like Josh here, were in the wrong so you can try and save face as much as you want; I couldn't possibly care less about your opinion of admins. Maybe next time you won't add useless comments to an already misguided conversation.

Saying someone shouldn't leave out of fear is ignorant. Leaving mid-combat is a different scenario entirely. Leaving due to "fear" that someone might be around is no damn different than just leaving the game whenever you feel like not playing anymore that session which is your right to do whenever you please (other than mid-combat obviously).

not to be the barrer of bad news or side with anyone here but the logs that the admin posted and the eye witness account doesnt add up.

the log does show that "Josh" did disconnect 1 time for about 5 minutes and re joined(which could have been to get an advantage) but the witness seemed to say he DCed 3 times. Something doesnt add up and since we cant tell who killed who and since the witness cant say for sure "josh" killed them. Since the Airfield is a highly sought after spot...someone else may have killed the two guys in the end.

Like i said im not siding with anyone, just pointing out theres a difference in the logs and the testimony

Hah, you call me a prepubescent yet you're the one who has to resort to insults? Doesn't running a server have an age limit?

You mentioned logic then went on to say how you don't care about my opinion, yet you seem to pick apart my replies and still continue to respond? There's nothing logical about that.

You should carry on with this. Let the rest of the DayZ community see how unprofessional and childish you are. Are you sure that the OP is the one who damaged your server's reputation or is that your fault?

should have gone like "I killed someone' date=' oh is their more? Oh shit better hide and sneak about to get out unscathed!"

[/quote']

Hehe, I do that. Wait around, listen, crawling and crouched around with my Ghillie. As soon as I see someone, my M4A3 CCO:heart: or myLOLIFOUNDAWEAPON weapon fires. :)

Nice one Reersh9

Great to see an admin of a server post late in the thread, ends it with solid evidence, to me anyways, don't know how easy it is to alter it, if possible.

I think the posters here who called the Admin butt hurt should at least have the guts to apologize.

I think I will check out your server tomorrow.

Nice one Reersh9

Great to see an admin of a server post late in the thread' date=' ends it with solid evidence, to me anyways, don't know how easy it is to alter it, if possible.

I think the posters here who called the Admin butt hurt should at least have the guts to apologize.

I think I will check out your server tomorrow.

[/quote']

You can alter the logs before posting simply by changing whatever you want to whatever you want them to be. Not saying that has happened here only that it is possible to falsify logs easily when you're posting them to the forums.

Orphen, not once have you managed to form a coherent and applicable response to the issue at hand or any of the points I shed light onto. Instead, you share anecdotes and unsolicited wisdom while you state that you have your own personal server. I'm just thoroughly confused as to the purpose of your continued participation.

It's over in my book. If jpop or Josh or whatever wants to provide his GUID, I will verify it against the logs. However, this is the only person to have been banned in the timeframe given. His original story does not match up with the logs; the person that reported the issue to me had a story that did. Corona was a part of the incident but not the person that brought it to my attention. After banning Josh, I verified the story against the logs and made the ban permanent. My first response was my first contact with this thread which, again for the unashamedly illiterate, was moved TO Ban Appeals. Despite the opinions of some, it is definitely NOT my job to check every thread and forum on this website.

Edit: Thanks nnuu, as Orphen pointed out, it is easy to alter the log information as its only text-based. In fact, I removed everything that did not have to do with Josh -- about 5 to 10 lines of unrelated information. In any case, I try to protect the server and community from those that wish to exploit or ruin the experience for others. I'm not sure why Orphen and others feel the need to be so hostile towards admins but I'm not going to spend any more time wondering at this time. Everyone is always welcome on our server until they do something outside the stated rules (not my rules) and intended mechanics of the game.

Home server =/= personally hosted server.

My continued participation is due to you aiming posts at me. Do you like it when people just walk away from you when you're talking?

If you're having trouble reading my posts then perhaps you should call into question your own reading comprehension instead of automatically assuming mine is at fault. That only seems logical to me.

Also, it IS your job to check the ban appeals section if a ban appeal has been posted. You just admitted to knowing the post was originally in a different section. As I'm sure the moderators absolutely love telling people, use the search function.

not to be a prick here cause from the logs you have shown, the ban was justified cause it looked like he did DC to get an unfair advantage,

but the logs do not match the story told by the person here on the forums unless you only provided the last time he DCed to get the advantage

you did the right thing, just saying the stories dont match

You can alter the logs before posting simply by changing whatever you want to whatever you want them to be. Not saying that has happened here only that it is possible to falsify logs easily when you're posting them to the forums.

I am not denying what you said and it probably can be altered, but I keep reading the mods replying with "where is your proof in the logs". The admin provided it, what does the OP provide? Nothing, but in his defense, he was not appealing the ban, he wanted to know what being banned for night crawling was.

Orphen, if you go back to the last post by a moderator, you can infer from his comments that he moved the post TO this section. That's how I know the post was moved here from another section. Really man, do you enjoy being constantly wrong?

I DO monitor this specific section (Servers) as much as I can.

As for the logs Magnum, I can only account for the logs and the original story that brought my attention to the matter. I do understand what you're saying and, as my first post mentioned, I'm always open to reviewing a ban -- which is why I'm here in the first place. If Josh would like to contact me, he may find that information at www.metaredux.com. I'm happy to overturn and remove any unjust ban.

Orphen' date=' if you go back to the last post by a moderator, you can infer from his comments that he moved the post TO this section. That's how I know the post was moved here from another section. Really man, do you enjoy being constantly wrong?

[/quote']

I've mentioned that it was moved TO this section three times now. Reading comprehension, etc etc. The joke is wearing thin now.

Search function. Your one-stop-shop to finding everything.

atleast you did provide some kind of evidence and i commend you for it..some admins ive seen on here are like fuck it its my way or the highway and i dont have to provide anything

glad to see you tried to handle this right...just kinda turned into a bitch fest

Okay, well it's been fun Orphen, really. Just a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Logs were posted. Mods, devs, or banned user can contact me if they need anything else.

Well I for one am glad people are getting banned for this.

It's an exploit so if your caught doing it expect to get banned.

Well, I think we can safely say that everybody has had their fair say.

I now know what the refference "NightCrawling" means.

Lets all hope that this problem will be fixed in a future game update.

I will close this thread.

Thanks.