Sign in to follow this  
DigitalMillennial

Moving from the A2 Mod to Standalone!

1. I know I am very well late to the Standalone Party :D

2. I decided to join the forums to help support development in any I can and interact with the community!

Now that that is out there, I just wanted to drop by and say hello! I am upgrading my PC here soon so I will be moving to some 1080p 60fps ArmA 3 and DayZ glory, I'm hoping to one day stream and share my experience with prospective players. Rumors are that the developers used this project as a quick cash grab, but I've been keeping pretty close tabs on the updates since roughly .45 and I think it's safe to say the devs love this game as if it were their baby seeing how much has gone on behind the scenes such as small map tweaks, network and client synchrozations and such. After all, we have been warned that it is early access but after this whole growing pain stage I am certain Dayz will be an experience like no other!

So after this long winded introduction, I'd just like to say thanks for welcoming me to the Standalone community!!

• Like 5

Welcome, and enjoy your stay! Safe travels survivor.

• Like 1

Welcome! But you join the party at a stage of development where its really hard to stay close to the game because there is much going on we don´t see right now. The patches are really rare atm because they implement the new engine or parts of it and this takes a huge amount of time. In this time we, the players, see no progress of development and because of that many people are angry. It seems there is no development at all but after those big changes enginesided, the development will speed up again.

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka

On 24.10.2016 at 5:55 PM, DigitalMillennial said:

.....Rumors are that the developers used this project as a quick cash grab....

lol, I have been following Dayz mod and Dayz SA for along time now, and Ive never heard a rumour like that circulate. Amazing what kids manage to conjure up based on nothing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

lol, I have been following Dayz mod and Dayz SA for along time now, and Ive never heard a rumour like that circulate. Amazing what kids manage to conjure up based on nothing

It's just something I've heard tossed around in forums and on stream, I guess I should have clarified that it's not a rumor in the traditional sense. Rather some things I've heard that kinda left a splotchy impression on me.

My apologies! Thank you for the clarification :)

3 hours ago, DigitalMillennial said:

It's just something I've heard tossed around in forums and on stream, I guess I should have clarified that it's not a rumor in the traditional sense. Rather some things I've heard that kinda left a splotchy impression on me.

My apologies! Thank you for the clarification :)

Don't apologize for something that is true, the net is full of information about cash grabbing and dayz.

It also is the players that we have feel this way too.

• Like 1