husky venom

DayZ Not working

Okay so I bought this game a while back ago and I was able to play it for only a couple of weeks then a error message came up saying my direct X or something is broken or my GPU wont support it anymore.... What do I do?

If you post more details, rather than "or something" a screen shot maybe, we might be able to work on solving your problem. 

Post it on postimage . org and post the link here, the one in your post doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, husky venom said:

Okay so I bought this game a while back ago and I was able to play it for only a couple of weeks then a error message came up saying my direct X or something is broken or my GPU wont support it anymore.... What do I do?

Simple, your videocard is too old. Need one that supports DX 11 or above, yours probably goes to 10 or lower.

13 minutes ago, husky venom said:

but that doesn't explain on how I was able to play it and now I cant....

With version 0.60 some graphic engine specs were upped, this is why you were able to play before but not any more. Many had this problem and are / were angry about it. You need a videocard that supports directx 11 or higher, I bet yours does not. (?) As asked, post your system specs.

I did in a steam pm and apparently I cant play the game anymore I have to get a whole new laptop which sucks

17 minutes ago, husky venom said:

I did in a steam pm and apparently I cant play the game anymore I have to get a whole new laptop which sucks

possibly you can get a better graphics card for your laptop? Maybe second hand?

Since when laptops let you change the GPU ? 99/100 have it soldered to the MB. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Since when laptops let you change the GPU ? 99/100 have it soldered to the MB. 

True, but I guess some can. We still don't know OP's system specs...

I spoke to him on steam to speed things up. It's GT2300m. It's oem only which means it's almost certainly glued to his mobo. Suggested that he applies for refund on steam since the game compatibility changed after he got it. 

Edited by General Zod

2 hours ago, husky venom said:

I am going to tell you something, laptops where not designed to play pc games in the first place, you have to spend a ton of money which does you no good in 4-6 years after.

Being in the industry for so long i can tell you they over heat, they bottleneck, and your finding non support now. Now real way to upgrade them, because they are designed for today's game not tomorrows.

A standard laptop may have worked before,how good is a good question. A gamer laptop is very costly.

So do yourself a favor if you want to play newer games, build a gamer pc with the option to upgrade or simply wait until it comes on Play station or Xbox if it ever does.

All a laptop is really good for is space.

I don't see how is that helpful for him, he chose a laptop for whatever reasons he did, be it lack of space, mobility or a cost. 

• Like 1

Unless he knows that desktops are better for gaming and yet still chose a laptop, I know a lot of people like that. 

3 hours ago, General Zod said:

Unless he knows that desktops are better for gaming and yet still chose a laptop, I know a lot of people like that. 

300 dollar laptop doesn't play games.

700 dollar laptop doesn't play games

1500 dollar laptop doesn't play games very well

3000+ well your good most likely with the gamers logo w/gpu

a desktop 1000 + gets you into the game.

So you tell me general zod how that doesn't help anyone?

edit= we need a sticky of the real requirements not some laptop that was suppose to be used for homework. It once worked now it doesnt thread.

Cranky? yeah i just got up and need a coffee first, post.

Edited by sneakydude

Here is what should be posted as a sticky, not going to explain it.

I5 or i7 CPU Quad core, 8gb or 16gb recommended, SSD drive recommend, 500gb sata 3 or better, gtx 900 series or greater.

Not going to recommend AMD until all the issues are solved for gaming.

It doesn't help him because he owns a laptop, I'm going to make a wild assumption here that he either weighted pros and cons of laptop vs pc or got the laptop on some offer etc. I just don't like "ifs". 

Also SSD does not affect FPS whatsoever. 

His problems isn't that he has a laptop it's that the game went from DX10 to DX11 only, AFTER he got it. Expecting people to upgrade their hardware just like that isn't all that fair. 

Edited by General Zod

Zod, unless you're willing to pony up the money from your own pocket to buy him a new computer, hand him the money for a refund, or spend some time personally facilitating a Steam refund by lobbying on his behalf, I'm reasonably certain that there's nothing more we can and are willing to do to help him. The fact that you added him on Steam and had a helpful chat with him is already a bigger step than he could reasonably have expected from a bunch of people he doesn't know on an internet forum - and don't get me wrong, I respect you for it.

I suspect that you took Sneaky's post to be condescending. Personally, I didn't; I've known too many people who expressed some kind of surprised frustration once they discovered their 'gaming laptop' was actually a cleverly disguised and re-marketed George Foreman grill. It's such a common occurrence on the internet that I read Sneaky's bit as actually informative, sort of a been-there-done-that tip.

They probably should update the requirements. However, I'm on the fence about refunds myself, since Early Access is new-ish territory, and switching engines is not uncommon in alpha-stage development. I'm ambivalent, but the argument could be made that this is still what we signed up for. In any case, I'm certainly happy about the graphical improvements to DayZ.

I really feel badly for people who buy laptops under the assumption from the seller (usually a box store) it will play video games for years to come.

In fact the real costs are huge to play what we can on a cheaper pc.

I have been in this industry for too long and sometimes i do sound sour, it usually isn't against the person in general it is the people that sell the shit to you i am so aggressive with.

Believe me i do help where and when i can even if i come off a sour puss.