Sign in to follow this  
littletaff664

Why do I keep losing my gear?

This has happened about 3 times now, sometimes when I log out the server and come back in 5 mins and log back into the same server my gear is gone and I spawn with nothing. Can someone explain why this happens or how to prevent it as this is seriously frustrating. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Scroll down a few topics would have reviled this one

Tests been showing this, pots and maybe other things like gun inventory, and scripting issues.

I rejoined the server very quickly today after a server crash,  all my inventory was gone, pants, shirt, shoes, everything and I spawned in Vybor, I was lucky I was a fresh spawn when it happened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wili said:

I rejoined the server very quickly today after a server crash,  all my inventory was gone, pants, shirt, shoes, everything and I spawned in Vybor, I was lucky I was a fresh spawn when it happened.

That's the mythical Vybor spawn. It's a bug that's been around for a very long time. It even was a made into a script some hackers used to spawn every player on the server as a freshy in Vybor... chaos ensued...  :/

The thing is, you mustn't join a server right after it restarted. If the server is schedule to restart and be set at 4PM, and you see the server time is 8AM for example, you shouldn't join the server as you might loose your gear and start again as a fresh spawn, as the server failed to connect to hive and retrieve your character info. 

6 hours ago, Wili said:

funny thing is i too had the same thing happen under the bridge.

but i had basically no gear on me, and i was on the coast. A crash the exact same way... I am wondering if you where on the server when i was??

Just a few of us?

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

That's the mythical Vybor spawn. It's a bug that's been around for a very long time. It even was a made into a script some hackers used to spawn every player on the server as a freshy in Vybor... chaos ensued...  :/

The thing is, you mustn't join a server right after it restarted. If the server is schedule to restart and be set at 4PM, and you see the server time is 8AM for example, you shouldn't join the server as you might loose your gear and start again as a fresh spawn, as the server failed to connect to hive and retrieve your character info. 

it gave me the 93 second recount on a sever that was up for awhile. 14:23 if i recall right.

Some of you may be simply falling victim to the fact that a proportion of servers are simply not hooked up to the database, so will think you're a freshie. 

That can either be, as Odin says, because they have just restarted, or because they are just perma-borked. In either case, if it happens, you should be able to get your gear back by spamming that 'exit' button and relogging into a properly connected server. DO NOT run around in the broken server, or you run the risk of it reconnecting and overwriting your char in the database.

Alternatively, make sure you're not logging into first person servers by mistake - it's a different character...

This is separate to the bug that we've been discussing, where you spawn in naked, no gear, except your primary weapon minus its ammo and attachments.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

Some of you may be simply falling victim to the fact that a proportion of servers are simply not hooked up to the database, so will think you're a freshie. 

That can either be, as Odin says, because they have just restarted, or because they are just perma-borked. In either case, if it happens, you should be able to get your gear back by spamming that 'exit' button and relogging into a properly connected server. DO NOT run around in the broken server, or you run the risk of it reconnecting and overwriting your char in the database.

Alternatively, make sure you're not logging into first person servers by mistake - it's a different character...

This is separate to the bug that we've been discussing, where you spawn in naked, no gear, except your primary weapon minus its ammo and attachments.

Been noticing a large number of servers that seem to disconnect you lately. You then get the 95 seconds or so boot attempt.

Sometimes i wonder if the auto boot script is running again, as i tend to be removed half way in the count down and i swear i saw 1 or 2 people on the server. The last time i was disconnected seemed to steam around full count down 10 to 15 secs into the server and volla boot or disconnect.

Its very fustrating because you have to get the countdown again, or the chance of losing all your gear.

Mookie, when i ended up at the vybor bridge, it was great because i found a smoker, and the barracks had a 75 round drum that i would be willing to give to someone.

Same time i swear it was a dev server i joined because in tent city there was a Fn Fal rifle, in the tents. I had no mag so i left it, and it figures because you passed it up at the last heli spawn.

When i respawned at the coast, i killed myself (which i shouldnt have) because of hyperthermia thinking i was bugged out. Spent 5 mins looting then disconnections from the server. Volla reconnected and ended up in vybor bridge.

What a spawn location!!! within 30 mins i had enough loot to last an army... 300 rounds of 5.56mm 3 60-60 mags, 101ak with 2 mags 30-30 ammo.

and i was able to set off at least 3-4 land mines HAHAH

• Like 2