97ADU Doug

Gear wipe bug. Spawning in naked

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

They are useful above and beyond looking funky - that's why people use them.

The M4 certainly has significantly improved accuracy with a bipod deployed (and IIRC the AKs too), especially when the shooter is prone. If you're firing to targets over 150m or so the effect is serious. If you have to snipe or overwatch with an assault rifle it's the best way.

And the weapon flashlight has an obvious use in the dark...

Whatever the case, I flat refuse to swap out handguards on my M4s these days, although painting them seems ok.

Good to know guys, pretty much most of my testing is without flashlights (except on pistols) but handguard shifts when you add in inventory to that. If you notice all 4 or so pieces shift along the gun??

Some reason it seems to be going through the same code loop or whatever piece of code with handguards, weapons, bipods, pots and probally many more items.

Hope a dev can chime in, if we are on the right track. just not sure what all items are effected to that code.

I really needed your guys help in figuring some of the stuff out, as i never have seen this bug to this day. Doug and many others just not able to play, because they keep doing the same things over and over that causes the wipe.

Thank you

On 7/11/2016 at 10:35 PM, Parazight said:

FWIW, Today I had issues with a cooking pot. I managed to get it out of my inventory (was then hovering in the air at head level). I relogged. Spawned back in missing backpack, pants, and shoes. 

I hadn't modified any assault rifles during that session. 

I had to revisit this with pots. Did you have some desync issues at the time this was happening? I have seen this before, but not to the point of a wipe.

I have 1 pot, filled with water, and usually 4 cans in it or other important items such as bandages etc..

This is what i do, i place it into my chest slot, i drag it to my hands and drink from it. I also eat from it if i place it on the ground.

Pot = 2 canteens or 2 water bottles approx... of water. with 4 slots to hold items in. Which is perfect for us hoarders of food.

I am going to guess, that you may not be able to duplicate this issue, unless its in the handguard swapping code it goes through. Such as the cans of food being shifted in the 4 slots. Like the gun is being shifted.

Water on the other hand seems to be not an issue.

It may have been a horrible desync issue that caused your wipe, or you had something in that water container that is directly related to this whole problem such as a handguard??

In the end it maybe the same thing over again, the desync is being caused by the code we access through each and everytime something is swapped in the "Gun" area.

Best i can come up with, without going through all the code.

Today while playing around, it said drink canteen, it was the pot. I hit cancel and it didn't right away i don't know why i dragged and dropped it from my hands to my inventory but i did.

I had the graphics bug, where i couldn't drop the pot. I only lost a 2nd 101 rifle which was ok, no mag. However i did not lose my gear, when reloading into the game.

I really hope for everyone's sake this gets fixed right away.

I thought this was some kind of clever server hopping prevention.

Just a few minutes ago, I guess all the servers started rolling restarts.  So my buddy and I kept picking new servers as we were getting kicked.  On the 3rd one, I spawned with only my vest and it's contents, my axe, helmet, and glasses. No pants, jacket, backpack, or shoes.

Another interesting thing I've run into under the same conditions, I've spawned in and had all of my damaged/worn gear become pristine.  I had 120 damaged 9mm that were suddenly pristine and ready for use :D

Bugs will be bugs I suppose.  At least this is the best DayZ has ever been.  I'm even running into proper players again!

We (and sneaky especially) keep trying to identify the root cause of the naked-with-stripped-primary-weapon bug. Thing is, and in light of your experience, there are probably a whole family of these things. 

Had you been using anything nestable or any specific game mechanics before these things happened? Especially changing handguards or bipods, etc? Otherwise tempting to think that your database entry was corrupted by your (understandable) rapid relogging.

• Like 1

Like i said i do not mind helping where i can, but you guys helped me help others figure some of these little issues out.

Without you experienced players we would not be able to address the little problems. I hope that others can see this thread and understand a tad more before equiping the bipods, pots, helms Bike, and whatever else maybe discovered.

Lets hope the devs take what we are experiencing with some respect and fix it when they can.

Thanks folks.

ICYMI, 19 July Status Report says the 'gear wipe bug hotfixed to stable.'

I'm assuming this is the same thing we've been talking about, and am asking whether we can all go back to playing with our handguards...

• Like 1

cross reference to the bug tracker for those that are trying to link a different method of wipes.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118081#1493302

Hopefully geez will readd the bipod so further testing can be applied. Painting green, or black and swapping hand guards around.

Weapon flashlights may also swap the gun inventory items around.

On 7/20/2016 at 11:00 AM, Mookie (original) said:

Looks like you're right there... Damn.

This appears to be (what i am thinking has caused all of our issues)

Because the new engine has been put in place, not all items, objects have been referenced or included to this new package.

The devs just need time. It appeared to be running stable, from experimental but after close inspection the exception error was the whole reason.

Additional info in the symbols error

C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
c:\builder\project\DayZ\Stable\dist\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\symbols\exe\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\exe\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.

This shows the exception error.

Because not all references and things put in place yet, it has caused all the problems. The only way to fix that while in live testing is to turn off all the items effected with no reference point.

Some are still pointing to the PDB file which does not exist to the new rendering database (I assume same concept)

Sorry guys 30 years in computers, i cant just give up. I always look for reasons why. I dont have all the code open to me, or all the references to the game. I am just an outsidder looking in.

Sneaks

23 hours ago, sneakydude said:

This appears to be (what i am thinking has caused all of our issues)

Because the new engine has been put in place, not all items, objects have been referenced or included to this new package.

The devs just need time. It appeared to be running stable, from experimental but after close inspection the exception error was the whole reason.

Additional info in the symbols error

C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
c:\builder\project\DayZ\Stable\dist\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\symbols\exe\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.
C:\Windows\exe\DayZSteamDX11.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file.

This shows the exception error.

Because not all references and things put in place yet, it has caused all the problems. The only way to fix that while in live testing is to turn off all the items effected with no reference point.

Some are still pointing to the PDB file which does not exist to the new rendering database (I assume same concept)

Sorry guys 30 years in computers, i cant just give up. I always look for reasons why. I dont have all the code open to me, or all the references to the game. I am just an outsidder looking in.

Sneaks

Excellent work Sneaks. I assume devs are aware of your discovery?

Whatever the case, I have just found a bipod (first one I've seen in ages) at a crashsite. So I'm going to put my worst gear on, whack it on a worn M4 and see what happens...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Nice that item must be repaired.

now for the black painted axe.

I'm assuming it's fixed, but want to do some more playing around with it. Meanwhile, bipods are back in force - I found four in a single run to Tisy yesterday.

What's the axe issue? 

• Like 1

paint the black axe, it isn't added to the new database, render. It disappears from the hotkey constant. It shows up as item can not be found (logs). There are a few items like this eventually lagging you out and when you drink from a pot it sometimes glitches you out to where your forced to log off to fix it.

Edited by sneakydude

On 8/3/2016 at 0:22 PM, sneakydude said:

paint the black axe, it isn't added to the new database, render. It disappears from the hotkey constant. It shows up as item can not be found (logs). There are a few items like this eventually lagging you out and when you drink from a pot it sometimes glitches you out to where your forced to log off to fix it.

Something's definitely up with painting things. If I paint an M4 part green, it will turn a kind of grey colout, then green, then back to black, over the course of around 20 relogs. I've stopped doing so now, for fear that it's going to corrupt something.

• Like 1

The paint, except the gillie appears to be not added to the render, and all variations of that.