iTzBlackout

Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Sounds near the ocean would be great. Currently if you nearby the ocean u hear nothing.

Example:

• Like 1

The background ambient noise of the coast is still present.  Not sure why you don't hear it.

• Like 1

Came here to post a suggestion on Atmosphere / Ambient Sounds in DayZ, found this thread right at the top so I'll leave my thoughts here.

I understand the Audio in DayZ is soon to be upgraded using the Arma 3 Audio - Great!! The combat / situational awareness side of things really needs this.
When it comes to Ambient sounds throughout Chernarus, It would be great if there was a massive increase in variation to the usual 'bird tweet' and 'gate slamming' etc... that is currently present.

This variation in ambience could be dictated by many factors other than that of Location / Vegetation type of a particular area (within Chernarus).

Such as...

- Time of day/night

• Quietness of dawn / sunrise - Morning animal chatter as animal life wakes up - Afternoon transition from day animal activity to night active animals - Night predators howling at moon - Bats and Owl's Bears? etc.

- Weather events

• Wind - It's impact on vegetation, swinging gates, slamming doors, whistling sounds through large cities vs small villages etc..
  • Rain / Storms / Lighting - impacting on roofs vs roads vs grassland vs other surfaces (large steel roofed industrial / military areas etc.)
  • Heat and Cold - The stillness of a cold frosty morning vs the activity that warmth brings to a forest / grassland etc.

- Predominant Animal / Predator habitats / locations.

• Obviously different animal / predator calls that vary with time of day / location. etc.

- High Risk / Infected / Radiation / Poisions Gas / High Death / Dead body Areas.

• These areas need a real ominous / creepy ambience to them.
  • Low animal activity.
  • Ambience that puts you on edge, sounds that freak you out and make you glad to leave these areas.
  • Again, worse at night / during weather events.

- Other Locations.

• Train yards / Swamp lands / Island Prison / Dams or Areas of Water / Mining areas etc. Unique areas to have their own ambience.

I'd love to see the ambient sounds / atmosphere cleverly and smoothly transition as you traverse throughout the map.
I'm sure this is probably in the works but hopefully the Devs really put some time into this, more so than just applying a single Ambient Audio loop upgrade to the entire map.

Edited by Booter
  • Like 4