Sign in to follow this  
Stoner69

m16a4/a3 and rpk/rpk 74 should be added

they seem appropriate to add to the game. the m6a4 is great for ammo conservation and accuracy, the a3 would be a more accurate version of the m4 and the rpk's would be more accurate than the ak's and add 40 and 45 round mags for the akm and ak 74's.

• Like 1

I dont think they want to add every model like arma 3. That being said, we have no item collection until announced. I would review the suggestions forum, and search for other gun threads on the topic. I bet your idea might already be there.

After awhile, threads die off and sit down at the bottom, being said so many times over in alpha.

I don't support your suggestion. There are plenty of guns that are VERY similar to these guns. M4 and AK. If they are going to add new gun, let's atleast make it unique on it's own way.

I'd take your suggestion and cut it in half. EIther the RPK or RPK-74 would be a neat light machine gun that certainly fits into the them of the Czech Republic  Chernarus. Both would be too much overlap though.

The M16A4 was in the mod, and it handled noticeably different from the M4. It had a bit tighter spread at range, had burst instead of auto, and handled poorer in tighter areas.

The A3 wouldn't really add much, it would just be and M16 that could shoot auto. And I'm not really sure how it would be more accurate. 

On 6/10/2016 at 11:24 AM, Just Caused said:

I don't support your suggestion. There are plenty of guns that are VERY similar to these guns. M4 and AK. If they are going to add new gun, let's atleast make it unique on it's own way.

Excluding guns that are similar to one another would not make for a very "authentic" or immersive weapon list. It's not an arcade shooter, not every weapon needs to have completely new and unique features. That would mean only one bolt-action, full power hunting rifle, only one modern 9mm pistol (yep, people complained about the Glock 19, saying it was too similar to the CR75), et cetera.

Given this game's milsim(ish) heritage, if they include a specific faction they should include the basic weapons commonly used or issued by that faction. For the CDF this is mostly complete: AKSAK74, AKS74AKS74U, RPK74, PKM, Makarov PM, SVD, RPG-7.