Sign in to follow this  
Marreta

Suggestion for dragunov and FAL

All are my personal suggestion 

Implement a bipod system like in arma 3

Make Dragunov compatible with suppressor east. and atlas bi-pod. 

110299.jpg

FAL with Leupold VX-II in 3x9  (not normal hunting scope in the game, a more rare and helicrash scope)

Hampton-Varela-scope.jpg

A good action bolt military grade rifle like

800px-SV-98-01.jpg

and m24 

m7Drlyl.jpg

and PLZ the RETURN of DMR. (USA SIDE)  vs. Dragunov (EAST SIDE).

arma2weapons_snip_DMR.jpg

and scopes with mildots

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marreta said:

All are my personal suggestion 

110299.jpg

FAL with Leupold VX-II in 3x9  (not normal hunting scope in the game, a more rare and helicrash scope)

Hampton-Varela-scope.jpg

800px-SV-98-01.jpg

and m24 

m7Drlyl.jpg

arma2weapons_snip_DMR.jpg

and scopes with mildots

They are adding the scout sniper rifle (Like the one in Counter-Strike Source) (Confirmed by Trello), I don't know about the others though. They are working on adding more civilian weapons, rather than military.

Why should they add this?  Because you found some pictures?  Please add some reasoning as to why you want this in the game. 

9 hours ago, Marreta said:

Why not.

The "suppressor east" is modeled after the TGP-A. That suppressor is intended for AK-series rifles (available in both calibres), the SVD uses the longer TGP-V. The SVD doesn't currently have a compatible rail for the Atlas bipod.

The Leupold VX-II is a normal hunting scope and has no place in helicopter crash sites.

Don't see a problem.

and m24 

In the US Army the M24 has been phased out by the M2010 and M110 (also that photo doesn't depict an M24).

No DMR, it's been out of service for a while now. There could be an M39, Mk 14 or similar upgraded M14—but these are being slowly phased out too. Heli-crash weapons have always been top-tier. It makes more sense to have an AR-10-based system like the M110, or an HK417 or SCAR-series rifle. Some players are attached to the M14 platform but I don't see that as a good reason to add items (the M14 has even made its way into ARMA 3 DLC).

and scopes with mildots

Yes.

The DMR makes no sense compared to say the M110. AR platform has phased out the M14 platform. The M-24 or SV-98 would be nice, but I don't see them having reason for adding as their roles are already filled out by the M70 and Mosin. I also fear bipod and suppressed SVD would be ridiculously OP.

I would like to see the M14, but added in as a rare/semi rare civilian weapon as the M1A, semi auto only with no forward rails (unless they add a way to add them to non railed weapons) use the hunting scope and reloadable with stripper clips (not with the scope on).

EDIT Also, regarding the M24, didn't they add in or have Remington 700 ready to go?

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, was thinking of the Model 70 for some reason.

Edited by IkaikaKekai

I think they should let us change out the handguards on the SVD and FAL with RIS or wood or otherwise so that they can accept flashlights, bipods, etc. If this happens, they might as well also let us have sidemount rails for the AK/SVD so that you can put Western optics onto Russian guns.

I also think when they add in the Steyr Scout it might come with some sort of longer range scope so it isn't as useless as it already is, and that can probably be stolen from the Scout and attached to the FAL.