Sign in to follow this  
KaishiiSabaku

Hunting

So I've been doing the whole bow and arrow thing as of a few days, and I'd like to be able to survive in the forests of DayZ without having to stop in the city for supplies like food and water. Water is something I can get around, but the one thing I find harder to find is food, are animals even spawning in 0.59/0.60? I mean, my chicken hunting skills are getting better day by day, but I'm looking for the big game!

Here is a northern route I used to take in .59 stable.

JAMu5Sf.jpg

Some days in .59 it would produce good results and other days nothing.  I've seen deer, cows, boar and fox there.  The upper part of the route north of Novaya Petrovka, specifically the woods between Polesovo and Kamensk used to have a good chance of seeing deer herds.  For cows I would favor Southwest of Lopatino, also northwest of Gorka along the power-lines used to have some regular cow herds.  The lower eastern part of the that route, towards Severograd, Gvozdno and Novy Lug I would occasionally see boar and fox.

I'm not sure if the animal spawns have changed in .60 but I think they are similar as I've seen big game in the same locations (deer herds in Lopatino and Polosovo/Kamensk).  Good luck hunting

• Like 3

Yeah, the amount of animal spawns are still quite low, but I'm definitely looking forward to going hunting as well.

• Like 2

I've seen a mess of chickens but no larger animals yet in 0.60.

2 minutes ago, ebrim said:

I've seen a mess of chickens but no larger animals yet in 0.60.

Chickens aren't that great of a food source, sadly, and I only found them around cities, which isn't what I'm going for.

11 minutes ago, SMoss said:

Yeah, the amount of animal spawns are still quite low, but I'm definitely looking forward to going hunting as well.

I hope the animal spawns are getting a crank up, that'd be awesome. It'd give birth to a different playstyle as well.

16 minutes ago, KaishiiSabaku said:

Chickens aren't that great of a food source, sadly, and I only found them around cities, which isn't what I'm going for.

I hope the animal spawns are getting a crank up, that'd be awesome. It'd give birth to a different playstyle as well.

I used to have a much easier time hunting in previous patches. I'm sure we'll get back there again.

This all being said, I love the chickens being around like they are. Chickens mean easy meat but also they have bones which means fishing hooks and suddenly living off the land is immeasurably easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

I used to have a much easier time hunting in previous patches. I'm sure we'll get back there again.

This all being said, I love the chickens being around like they are. Chickens mean easy meat but also they have bones which means fishing hooks and suddenly living off the land is immeasurably easier.

Aye, true. I've found fishing rods in experimental, and it's not really hard to make a fishing rod in stable. I just haven't really done the research on fishing just yet. Might look into that tonight, tbh.

11 hours ago, KaishiiSabaku said:

So I've been doing the whole bow and arrow thing as of a few days, and I'd like to be able to survive in the forests of DayZ without having to stop in the city for supplies like food and water. Water is something I can get around, but the one thing I find harder to find is food, are animals even spawning in 0.59/0.60? I mean, my chicken hunting skills are getting better day by day, but I'm looking for the big game!

The first day I got into a 60 server I spawned in Kamy and ran up the hill behind the police station to check the deerstand going towards the COM tower. When I got about half way up I saw five deer stuck in the walking animation. I walked amongst them and thought about killing one but did not have a knife to carve the meat. I was tripping because I've never seen deer that close to the coast. I took some video but it was night time so it turned out like $hit. I ended up just leaving them there because I was Tisy bound and in a hurry. Other than that I have only seen chickens. LOTS of chickens. 

12 hours ago, KaishiiSabaku said:

They're not just in cities in .60, I've lived on Skalatisy almost entirely and found them in five or more areas on this island alone. I also encountered them in small towns, on the highway (Solchiny gas station area), and in the woods on the way there. 

I would like to see hunted and farmed food being at least on par with canned food and canned food to get more scarce. Chickens providing a reasonable amount of calories for one person and big game producing many steaks that could support one person for a long time or feed an entire squad. I picture a DayZ world where you could be challenged living off the land solo and even the KOS clan kiddies had to protect a "provisoner" to support their shenanigans. 

Edited by BCBasher

first off sorry as i can see that this is an one year old thread, but it is close to the problem that i am now facing (i also have a problem of searching for drug reviews because of my health issues, but that's another story :) ) i would like to discuss with someone who has more knowledge. write please back here or privately and i'm going to tell what's it, in case there's someone willing to help me. thanks and sorry again.

Edited by Andereliked

43 minutes ago, Andereliked said:

first off sorry as i can see that this is an one year old thread, but it is close to the problem that i am now facing. i would like to discuss with someone who has more knowledge. write please back here or privately and i'm going to tell what's it, in case there's someone willing to help me. thanks and sorry again

what do you want to know?

• Like 1