notofthiswar

Low fps in towns still

Yeah I know I know i am jumping into this fully knowing that this is even more of a beta then the beta...   .-_-....... anyway yeah this patch fixed fps somewhat it is not nearly as bad as it was by any means But the first major town ran to my fps went down to 28 even with my low settings still set up. I am still hoping for improvements with the fps but I am still also sharing my concern. IF i am not able to run it with my set up Intel i7 4790K 16gb ram 970 4gb I kinda worry about AMD users. Also of course my self, I can't play and shoot anything or defend at anything lower then 60fps. 

Does anyone else have issues at all with fps?  I talked with others in game and they said the fps couldn't be better and until i made it to a couple of the main towns/citys and it dropped like it normally does.

Do you run start up parameters?

i found in arma 3 it ran worse with them and once deleted was better,  so did same with Dayz.

i have had varied results from 28 to 118 fps but usually flit between 30-70fps which is fine for anything in game for me.

pc:

amd ii x4 630 (don't laugh ;) )

windforce r9 380

8 gigs budget ram

windows 10

Yes same thing pretty much, I've been getting around 25-35 frames in town only...

using

Amd FX8350,

GeForce 770

amd ii x4 630
Amd FX8350

^ those are the problem right there... DayZ is about as optimized as a brick in water.. 
also for Intel machines (which is the largest chip manufacturer on the planet etc. when it comes to CPU's) 
I run a Intel Core i7 3770k, 16 gigs of ram and a Geforce GTX 660TI... everything on high (not very high) I average 34-62 FPS (wilderness or cities)  (about 44 on average) 
when I start turning stuff down (anti aliasing, post processing, ATOC) and every other non-optimized CPU hugger in this game.. my FPS jumps up to 50-120

so long story short: want to play dayz with good FPS?

- either buy Intel CPU's
- or wait for this thing to be finished (version 1.0+)

so you'll have consistent fps showing 

because they can 'optimize/change/alter/improve the hell outta this game.. but your engine (for one) dictates how much juice you have when it comes to utilizing all your hard work.
plus the fact that most area's in dayz are 'changed' but not propperly looked over (random cabins on the road/steel military/NWA towers in the woods) so these areas are 'changed' but not cleaned to optimize them 

Edited by veshcula

3 hours ago, veshcula said:

- either buy Intel CPU's

lol :D

Jokes aside, any AMD FX 8-core will do, even the budget ones. But I agree, the problem is that OP is running AMD Athlon, which are many generations old. DayZ is still not utilizing GPU fully instead of CPU.

Edited by Ironhuge
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ironhuge said:

lol :D

Jokes aside, any AMD FX 8-core will do, even the budget ones. But I agree, the problem is that OP is running AMD Athlon, which are many generations old. DayZ is still not utilizing GPU fully instead of CPU.

Look through hunting scope with vsync turned off, it will use your GPU to the full extent :D

27 minutes ago, AmazingAussie said:

Look through hunting scope with vsync turned off, it will use your GPU to the full extent :D

That was not the point :)

4 hours ago, veshcula said:

amd ii x4 630
Amd FX8350

^ those are the problem right there... DayZ is about as optimized as a brick in water.. 
also for Intel machines (which is the largest chip manufacturer on the planet etc. when it comes to CPU's) 
I run a Intel Core i7 3770k, 16 gigs of ram and a Geforce GTX 660TI... everything on high (not very high) I average 34-62 FPS (wilderness or cities)  (about 44 on average) 
when I start turning stuff down (anti aliasing, post processing, ATOC) and every other non-optimized CPU hugger in this game.. my FPS jumps up to 50-120

- either buy Intel CPU's

because they can 'optimize/change/alter/improve the hell outta this game.. but your engine (for one) dictates how much juice you have when it comes to utilizing all your hard work.
plus the fact that most area's in dayz are 'changed' but not propperly looked over (random cabins on the road/steel military/NWA towers in the woods) so these areas are 'changed' but not cleaned to optimize them 

It's more likely your 660Ti that has the problem with AA, ATOC and PP stuff. They can be pretty hard even for GTX970. Those settings load the GPU mostly.

Also many towns are OK now. For example Svetlo dropped my fps down to 18 at worst. Now the lowest was 55fps.

Edited by St. Jimmy

14 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

It's more likely your 660Ti that has the problem with AA, ATOC and PP stuff. They can be pretty hard even for GTX970. Those settings load the GPU mostly.

Also many towns are OK now. For example Svetlo dropped my fps down to 18 at worst. Now the lowest was 55fps.

'It's more likely your 660Ti that has the problem with AA, ATOC and PP stuff. They can be pretty hard even for GTX970. Those settings load the GPU mostly.' <- I know.. that's why I'm switching to a gtx 1070 in september.
that should solve some of the issue.. and the fact you're saying about the gtx 970.

I'll just tell you what I said in another post... 'dayZ is about as (optimized) as a brick in a swimming pool.. atm..' so it doesn't really matter that much what GPU you're running.. 

you can run a 3000 dollar BEAST of a pc.. but if you have poorly optimized game engine mechanics.. it will still run crap..

I figure amd would struggle but intel shouldn't, I am hoping that there is going to be more improvement with fps

22 hours ago, veshcula said:

amd ii x4 630
Amd FX8350

- either buy Intel CPU's

I didn't upgrade for this game but i did go from amd to intel and lets just say If i did it for this game alone it would have been the biggest waste of money EVER. i dont advise it.  game was still unplayable still is

Well, not really a .60 bug then.

Trouble goes in  the Troubleshooting sub Forum.

If you came here just to rant, don't bother in future.