Just Caused

PC's having lagging anomaly

NOTE: Game plays normally for 10 minutes and then starts to shutter. Only restart of PC fixes shutter until I play it next time for 10 minutes. May be connected to cache memory or to drivers.

I bought this PC in parts like 2 years ago. Half of year ago I bought new GPU. I had no problem playing ANY games on high FPS. I used to play CS GO on 300 FPS all on maximal settings. Now recently, I discovered that my PC is having some kind of strange laggings while playing games. CS GO for example, is lagging abnormaly and has 40 FPS while shuttering ( it's not graphical lag, it's just shuttering, my FPS shows fine 40, but it's not 40 ). This lag in CS GO stops after 15 minutes of gameplay or sometimes get fixed if I alt-tab out of the game. Same thing happens to me now in DayZ. I enter the game with regular 70 FPS on my high settings. After a while of spamming enters to connect to exp. server, my game struggles to keep up 25 FPS, even in main menu. As I am writting now, I am alt-tabbing out of game and my game is shuttering like crazy, I didn't spam enter or anything, I got in on the first try now but after 15 minutes of gameplay it started shuttering.

What could it be? ( here are my assumptions )

- Windows 10 ( duhh... even my grandma knows W10 isn't suited to most of games since it's new OS and to most people Win7 worked better with games )

- GPU driver? Once I was playing and I alt tabbed out of game to see GPU driver stopped.

- SSD? I don't know why, it's relativly new. I keep OS and DayZ on it, and it's super fast. I played Rainbow Six Siege, same stuff happend and I alt tabbed to see SSD usage 100% for a couple of seconds.

dssd.png

While playing DayZ. When I alt tab out of shuttering game, PC works just fine.

PC Specs:

Windows 10

FX8320E 3.2 GHz on base clock

R9 270X 2GB

6GB of DDR3 RAM

Please help me fix this bug, it's really really annoying. If it was common FPS failure or something I would notice it by looking in the sky ( if FPS improves, my FPS is bad ), but since its shuttering, it actually could be ANYTHING in the PC causing this stuff.

Edited by Just Caused

Could be throttling down because of temps, you can check thise settings in BIOS. You don't mention what temps you reach, maybe you can run some monitoring software.

Try playing with your case open and an external fan pointed at it to see if this makes a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nl said:

Could be throttling down because of temps, you can check thise settings in BIOS. You don't mention what temps you reach, maybe you can run some monitoring software.

Try playing with your case open and an external fan pointed at it to see if this makes a difference.

Normal ones are: CPU 44, GPU 29

In CS GO: CPU 48, GPU around 49

In DayZ: CPU 48, GPU 68 ( 72 with case)

I recorded these temperatures while having my case open and out of table. Shutters came again, but CS GO ran smoothly.

Edited by Just Caused

those seem quite normal temps to me, of course your mobo may still be throttling if the limits are set too tight.

Could it be that your PSU is maybe not strong enough for your new GPU?

Like you suggested yourself, could try to update GPU driver.

5 hours ago, nl said:

those seem quite normal temps to me, of course your mobo may still be throttling if the limits are set too tight.

Could it be that your PSU is maybe not strong enough for your new GPU?

Like you suggested yourself, could try to update GPU driver.

I've recently bought new PSU alongside with GPU since my old one couldn't power graphic card good enough. This one is 700W. I have cleaned my computer case and fans from dust to lower temperature.

About the drivers, they are all up-to-date. 

The last thing I'll do is I'll reformat the SSD, but I can do that only in half a month because that's when I'll buy backup SSD to store my stuff. HDD is almost full.

Edited by Just Caused

Last three games I've tried are definetly UNPLAYABLE. Games start to shutter from the beggining or just after 10 minutes of gaming. I was playing CS GO now and my PC got stuck in one place and I ctrl-alt-del'ed out of game and it said that Windows couldnt recognize those commands ( or something like that ) and also that my GPU driver stopped... This thing is getting out of hand.

Do you use any cleanup tools ?
If not you should be, it maybe that something is interfering with your PC / game(s). Two tools that everyone should be running are CCleaner & Malwarebytes, both have free versions, a 14 day trail for Malwarebytes that continues to function after the initial period.
I am not familiar with AMD hardware/drivers, so can give no advice on the subject but for any Nvidia users the latest 365.10 drivers have fixed problems with W10/W7 x64 (previous good/working driver was 362.00).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

On 5/10/2016 at 7:44 AM, boneboys said:

Do you use any cleanup tools ?
If not you should be, it maybe that something is interfering with your PC / game(s). Two tools that everyone should be running are CCleaner & Malwarebytes, both have free versions, a 14 day trail for Malwarebytes that continues to function after the initial period.
I am not familiar with AMD hardware/drivers, so can give no advice on the subject but for any Nvidia users the latest 365.10 drivers have fixed problems with W10/W7 x64 (previous good/working driver was 362.00).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

I've cleaned cache, updated my drivers and then scanned and deleted all infected files I've found. Seems like it's working for now, will keep you updated. Thanks! :)