dunabird

Fewer people able to join servers, and streamers getting $$$$$$ (Conspiracy)

I was talking with a friend.... 

We got this big hype from developers about 0.60, and we realize that we cannot join any servers today.

That's bad news.

But there was something strange about this.... A lot of Day Z streamers are able to play, and are doing streaming right now.

And a lot of them, are earning lots and lots of money.

That make me think on the possibility of the streamers and devs in some way, arrange that so they can make a lot of money on release of the patch. In exchange they wont talk bad about the game and so.

Just imagine, for a second, I guess this is possible. Tell me I'm not crazy.

.2jb89c6.jpg 

Yes, i heard about it.. but is it true? Maybe they have an priv serv 4 streamers.. :Y

• Like 1

Puhdado (one streamer) said that's the problem is cause a lot of people is trying to enter on server in the same time.

I doubt that... But, I guess i just have to wait.

Allow me to chime in because to be honest, Ive been talking about this with my girlfriend here at home since last night.

What I noticed, if you're going to talk conspiracy, is this: On reddit, suddenly once .60 hit, videos did not make the front page unless heavily upvoted. That was a sudden and marked change in how things worked on reddit. Perhaps its coincidence, perhaps not.

Aside from that, there is the streamer only server. That is not a conspiracy. Its smart business by BIS. They've been working with streamers more and more lately, because its a great way to get publicity cheaply. By giving streamers their own server with this patch, the devs give the player base something to see. A stable server, with players that are well versed in the game and know how to get the best from their settings and overall stream. That way, knowing they plan to release a limited number of servers, the players can see what is in the patch and get the best version of that news. For the streamers its a dream come true, and most of those people earned that chance over years of hard work, so more power to them. For the devs its smart choices because they do not need to release for people to play, they need to stress test it, while applying hotfixes and approaching a stable release. 

I applaud the devs for their smart choices in how they released this patch. Its sole purpose is to test things out, with the end goal of releasing to stable. Once that happens all of this will not matter and players I can say from my time in .60 will be quite happy. 

..then again perhaps Im part of the illuminati_by_addmedia-d8jx17l.gif

• Like 2

Can't be true. Though they are sure making more Money this way.

Worst part are the dev team which could have prepared alot better with more servers!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

Allow me to chime in because to be honest, Ive been talking about this with my girlfriend here at home since last night.

What I noticed, if you're going to talk conspiracy, is this: On reddit, suddenly once .60 hit, videos did not make the front page unless heavily upvoted. That was a sudden and marked change in how things worked on reddit. Perhaps its coincidence, perhaps not.

Aside from that, there is the streamer only server. That is not a conspiracy. Its smart business by BIS. They've been working with streamers more and more lately, because its a great way to get publicity cheaply. By giving streamers their own server with this patch, the devs give the player base something to see. A stable server, with players that are well versed in the game and know how to get the best from their settings and overall stream. That way, knowing they plan to release a limited number of servers, the players can see what is in the patch and get the best version of that news. For the streamers its a dream come true, and most of those people earned that chance over years of hard work, so more power to them. For the devs its smart choices because they do not need to release for people to play, they need to stress test it, while applying hotfixes and approaching a stable release. 

I applaud the devs for their smart choices in how they released this patch. Its sole purpose is to test things out, with the end goal of releasing to stable. Once that happens all of this will not matter and players I can say from my time in .60 will be quite happy. 

..then again perhaps Im part of the illuminati_by_addmedia-d8jx17l.gif

Thanks man, I understand all this, and said "conspiracy" just to get some attention on the post, and some one explain this to me. Cause is frustrating to try to join servers all day long and nothing happens, and see that all streamers are playing fine.

I played this game a lot, as you can see, i was on the forum since 2014 (despite participation), and realize that till today this game is so annoying to play (updates, experimental shit, promises about new renderer a long long long time ago)

I like the idea of devs really supporting streamers. But this is so unfair with all of us that bought this game, and can just look others playing right now....

14 hours ago, dunabird said:

That make me think on the possibility of the streamers and devs in some way, arrange that so they can make a lot of money on release of the patch. In exchange they wont talk bad about the game and so.. 

Rule N° #2 applies.