marmanalade

worth dying and restarting?

I recently started playing this game solo. After hours of respawning and dying to bandits/zombies. I finally got enough supplies including an AK, g17, hunting knife, canteen to start heading north. Recently, I got knocked out by zombies. I am now stuck with no food and my blood is 700. Seems like I am pretty much dead. Should I just restart from the beginning or attempt to hunt and cook meat?

If your legs are intact and you have no one with medical supplies, like blood bags and such then I would go and try to hunt in the woods.

Down to personal taste really, it will be difficult to find matches with 700 blood left, I would try though. Look in the brick buildings if you can, they are easy to lose zeds in and they spawn matches.

The only problem I see is having low blood is constant passing out which can be dangerous if zombies are around so try to get blood bag or try to hunt animals if you got knife, hatchet and matches.

Once found myself with 200 blood and legs broken near Berezino. Didn't give up. Crawled like a bitch through fields constantly falling unconscious. Got to the hospital, haxed my way through the windows. Injected morphine. Then ran on my two to the store. Fortunately found a box of matches there and food to rise my blood to about 1500. Escaped to the forests and began hunting game. With boar stakes restored my blood to 12000.

Long story short - don't give up.

thats a good story, which is why i tried. I managed to hunt a sheep and get 5 steaks. Then I only needed to get a box of matches. I crawled into a town and was going to look into a shed. Out of no where a zed was in there rushed out and knocked me out. I slowly lay there bleeding to death. I never knew how important that box of matches would have been for my survival. Well, time to go at it again.

My favorite character survived 12 days. Around day 3 or 4 I attempted a raid on the NWAF and aggro'd a bunch of zeds. They broke a bone, knocked me out, and by the time I woke up and killed the few eating me, I had 126 blood left. In other words, one more bite from a zed before I regained consciousness and I was dead.

I contemplated the same thing you did, just giving up and respawning. Instead, I promised myself I'd give it 30 minutes, so I started searching, and sure enough, spotted a cow in the distance. It took me nearly 20 minutes to get there because I was passing out every 10-15 steps, but I got there, killed and gutted the cow, cooked the meat, and was back on my feet again. That is still my favorite moment in 6 weeks of playing this mod; coming back when I was just one bite away from death.

To finish the story, that character died, not from zeds or a bandit, but because I got rushed and accidentally clicked "Respawn" instead of "Options" when opening the main menu. I stared blankly at the screen for at least 2-3 minutes wanting to kick myself in the nuts.

The point is, never give up. :)

When I play and this happens to me, I am not dead until I am... well... dead.

I once crawled for 4 hours straight and survived :D

Might we worth seeking help, the are some good folks at the reddit rescue force that are often willing to help out dying survivors if they are near by. If you have a reddit account it could be worth checking out.

I have had the hardest time finding matches. Are they only in stores in big cities or can you find them in small towns/barns? Don't want to keep looking if I'm not in the correct place to find them.

once i broke my legs near the n.w.airfield... crawled the whole way down to cherno to meet my mate and we went into the hospital. got my morphine and 10 minutes later a guy who voice chatted friendly with us killed us when he just got a shotgun.

so go on, its worth it :D

If you don't fancy dying, you could contact Brian and ask for his help!

He provides medical assistance to anyone on DayZ who needs it. The suprising thing is he doesn't even shoot you afterwards!

Go here and fill out his form if you want his help:

http://www.ratedmgaming.com/

My favorite character survived 12 days. Around day 3 or 4 I attempted a raid on the NWAF and aggro'd a bunch of zeds. They broke a bone' date=' knocked me out, and by the time I woke up and killed the few eating me, I had 126 blood left. In other words, one more bite from a zed before I regained consciousness and I was dead.

I contemplated the same thing you did, just giving up and respawning. Instead, I promised myself I'd give it 30 minutes, so I started searching, and sure enough, spotted a cow in the distance. It took me nearly 20 minutes to get there because I was passing out every 10-15 steps, but I got there, killed and gutted the cow, cooked the meat, and was back on my feet again. That is still my favorite moment in 6 weeks of playing this mod; coming back when I was just one bite away from death.

To finish the story, that character died, not from zeds or a bandit, but because I got rushed and accidentally clicked "Respawn" instead of "Options" when opening the main menu. I stared blankly at the screen for at least 2-3 minutes wanting to kick myself in the nuts.

The point is, never give up. :)

[/quote']

Aw man you have no idea how many times Ive done that. twice actually :D but I hate it. Im like ..... -.- ..... NOOOOOO :(.

But I've been in the same boat. I was a sonovka pass? in a barn. Broken bones. Low blood. This was when side chat was still on. SOme guy with a similar name as me was one. I told him the i needed morphine and blood. 1hr later he came for me. Fixed me up. So grateful.

The only time i did give up was when i was in the middle of the map. Bones broken. No morphine. I surely did not want to crawl my way back to the beach. No no! Plus i had no gear. Decided to end it. lol

Me and my fellow survivor are crawling around the chernarus since the last 5 hours with broken legs and something around 4k blood, 1 or 2 mags for our weapon and very poor food supplies.. we still believe in safety and healing ! we keep trying to reach some place where we can take food and med supplies !!!

It's damn fun tough tbh

I would never respawn because the situation seems desperate. If you make it out of it it feels really good and thats a huge part of the game for me. Beating the odds and somtimes lucking out finding a cow for exaple after crawling towards every blob on the field for half an hour because your vision is heavily impaired.

Dont ever give up ;)

I would never respawn because the situation seems desperate. If you make it out of it it feels really good and thats a huge part of the game for me. Beating the odds and somtimes lucking out finding a cow for exaple after crawling towards every blob on the field for half an hour because your vision is heavily impaired.

Dont ever give up ;)

That's it. Where's the challenge - this game offers - when you press the respawn-button as soon as it seems to be over.

I was stuck in a similar situation. I had < than 700 blood, broken legs, shaky screen and needed painkillers. Had alot of equipment and guns to lose but I did consider respawning a few times. I was on the outskirts of Stary Sober and considered my options. Then I thought why give up? some miracle could happen.. I had enough ammo to go down trying and sounds more fun to try than hit a button to respawn... so I decided to crawl into the military tents to find some morphine and painkillers first as they do spawn there.

I expected everything to go south once I cleared the tree line and I somehow made it to the tents with no bandits around. I heard zombies sounds everywhere though and aggro'd about 3 when I finally made it inside a tent. Tense moments as I shot then down with my M4A1. Took some hits and ended up with around 50 blood left lol. Fearing the worst I nervously crawled into the tent next door and found the much needed morphine! Now I could stand!

After that I decided to somehow get my HP up. I had everything except a box of matches though so I decided right there to sneak over to the supermarket in town to find them. As I neared it, I expected to be shot or take a single hit from a zombie but the area was supprisingly empty and I made it inside. There was nothing inside though but I waited for abit and then matches spawned. Also scored an ALICE pack.. I was starting to gain some hope now.

At that stage I proceeded to get the hell out and made it to the forest to hunt some deers. Long story short, I managed to cook meat and got my health back to 12k blood.. was intense the whole ordeal but damn, I had the most fun so far from this experience. So yeah, dont give up... :)

It's personal.

Sometimes I feel that I don;t want to spend so much time trying to get back to a half decent state, and I just respawn and use the time to get some new gear.

But as said above, anything can happen, it may be worth the shot and you may end up with a good story or two.

GTFO telling him to get blood bags...

Good luck finding a player who will inject you the blood bag if you are on 700 Blood and got nice weapons with you ;)

This game will test your personal resilience. Well not really ;P. The key to survival anywhere (even day to day life not killing your asshat workmates) is mental attitude. Some great stories on here made me want to share mine.

I was similar, down to 1200 blood caused by my own stupidity. I had an axe and full health, left my axe on toolbelt and blasted my sg off to cap a zed. I engaged the rest of the world it seemed zed wise. Smoke clears and post process effects almost broke me irl, but I was alive!

Crawled for ages passing out etc managed in an hour to find enough food to stand up again, hunting knife and matches in a toilet (glad that guy listened to the Mrs when she told him to light a candle!). I could have given up easily, but after trying hard and taking the time I learnt so much (and was soooo lucky!) but i'm still alive now.

The first time I really believed I was a Survivor. /proud

Never give up(and never alt tab ><)!

I play with a good friend of mine and one night I did not play and he went solo awhile. The next day I get a phone call from him that he was at this place under a bush broken leg and 1200 blood. I spent all night trying getting to his location having to detour around a group of bandits to give him the only morphine injection I have found since playing. Well we are back together never solo again, and looking for more morphine. It was so much fun.

If you don't fancy dying, you could contact Brian and ask for his help!

He provides medical assistance to anyone on DayZ who needs it. The suprising thing is he doesn't even shoot you afterwards!

Go here and fill out his form if you want his help:

http://www.ratedmgaming.com/

Wow, thanks for the plug and no, we wont shoot you! lol.