marmanalade

worth dying and restarting?

I've simply come to terms with not taking the game too seriously. If I spend hours on end sneaking around, looting houses and what not, I'll be fairly upset upon dying. That's what I used to do for the most part. Now, I don't try as hard and - ironically - manage to live longer. As for whether or not getting killed on purpose is the answer, it always depends on what you're carrying at the time and what your location is. Most items can be re-stocked in an hour or two if you know where to look.

I crawled for 3 hours straight to Berezino and into a hospital to get Morphine. This morning I hunted Sheep and Boar in the fields with 1800 blood until I was back up to 12k.

Now if you had both of those at the same time, yeah that's a bit tricky. Blood bag won't do you any good alone, need a partner to use it on you. I'll PM you this evening, if you're still alive and not too ridiculously far away we'll try to help you.

Is there some way at all to hide gear or such that if you die you can re-arm your self and go on again, or is everytime you die a 100% fresh start from scratch?

I'd say if you have so little blood (700) that you get knocked out all the time plus the broken legs and have no help, just go for it and do a last man standing thing.

Is there some way at all to hide gear or such that if you die you can re-arm your self and go on again, or is everytime you die a 100% fresh start from scratch?

It's always a fresh start, but if you setup tents you can go back and loot them.

While I'm sure you've long since resolved this. . . unless you have broken legs I would keep going until you actually die.

Now that the new patch (7.2) has been implemented I've found that going into a town at night is the best option. Head for the nearest town with a grocery store or other loot places and start pigging out on canned food and while you are there get some matches and other things.

Yes you may pass out and get eaten by zombies. But if you are quiet and don't aggro them then you can probably pass out in safety.

To be sure, bring a smoke grenade if you have one and throw it someplace you don't want to go but isn't in your path to the grocery. This will draw the zombies away from you and to the smoke. Flares do this as well but that will signal you location to everyone within line of sight of 2 kilometers.

Also, dump that g17. It's nice to have it at night because it has a built in flashlight but if you want to put something down use the 1911. One shot center mass and zombie is dead.

The goal of this game is survival. If you just quit then you've lost. Getting cool loot is just gravy.

It's always a fresh start, but if you setup tents you can go back and loot them.

So basically...if you place tents in hidden areas and stack them with a basic kit...you can go there with a new character and re-arm, re-stock and have at it again?

I dont mind the realism of perma death...but there is always DC or some glitch in the computer...lags etc that can kill you. It´s for those reasons i wonder.

Yes. Find a group. Setup camps, work together. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, anyone else can loot the camp just as easily as you can. Finding the tents so you can get one to put down is kind of a pain.