HomeStoned

character Face

would be really cool if you could use a photo of your face, and have it rendered to your character face!

Then people might try to find weird crap to have as their face. I'm pretty sure you'd see a lot of Freddy Krueger's, Jason Vorhees, etc running around as well.

• Like 2

I saw this on some gaming show or a gadget show about 6 months ago. I dont remember the name of the show or the game it was being designed for but there is a company working on this technology. They took a picture of a persons face an added it to an avatar. They were talking as if it was the next step in gaming evolution. I thought it was amazing and would love to see it introduced.

5 hours ago, HomeStoned said:

would be really cool if you could use a photo of your face, and have it rendered to your character face!

Used to be a thing, as long as the server allowed it. But for some reason I think it would break immersion.

kwuCnrL.jpg

gqxG5N0.jpg

• Like 3

yeah that's what I'm talking about..

I did think it was a "thing" or wasn't quit sure my imagination was getting the better of me!

it would be an awesome identity of players, and would sometimes break immersion true, but could be amusing too

Edited by HomeStoned

There are RPG's with extensive ways to tune faces in game using sliders. I'm in favour of that because it avoids the 'dick-face' but does allow unique faces. So we can refer to others by looks, and we can make the face resemble our selves or our alter egos.