Sign in to follow this  
John_Grog

Chernobyl like radioactive area.

A chernobyl like radioactive area that you will need radioactive protection to enter. So that means a geiger counter, hazma suit , radioactive water purifier, anti-radiation pills with a limited time effect...etc. Also of course as in chernobyl the more you get near the reactor the more radiation you get. I would suggest building this north or north west or west now that theres load of space there.

It would make sense, after all, if a power plant's cooling pool was to lose power and stop refrigerating the spent cores, they would heat up until they cause a massive explosion. With something like the dayz outbreak, a plant would be able to run on auto, to a point, then it would rely on back up generators. Once the diesel runs out though.... KABOOOOOM

The only problem is, with an area the size of Chernarus, almost the entire map would be a death zone. (shortly after the actual Pripyat (Chernobyl) disaster Oslo's power plant recorded a massive radioactive spike 10 times the regular radiation.... Norway!) This radioactive waste would be pumped into the air for weeks as the fire raged in the plant. 

Bear in mind the actual exclusion zone around Pripyat is 2,600km2 Which would be the entire Charnarus map and then some. 

Edited by Phuck Norris

Interesting idea, you may also enjoy the STALKER line of games if this kinda of thing interests you.

Pretty sure the concept is already planned? Surprised nobody has said anything about it yet.

Radiation poisoning might be a nice illness risk from going into certain areas.
I don't know how that would play, though.

xxp

Maybe what I was thinking about is not radiation... maybe it's just the infected ground zero- 

Edited by eno