Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman89

New shovel can't upgrade stashes.....hmmmm

So I have seen lots of new shovels but you still need an entrenching tool to upgrade a stash, the shovel can build the first one but not improve it????  I sure hope this is an oversight.

Has anyone seen or found an entrenching tool as loot since the last patch?

This was in the Dayz Mod - don't know about SA.

What? I am so confused. Are we talking about the mod or SA? Cuz there is no entrenching tool in SA.

24 minutes ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

What? I am so confused. Are we talking about the mod or SA? Cuz there is no entrenching tool in SA.

There is, actually. I rarely find them anymore but they're out there. As for "upgrading stashes" I don't know... but entrenching tools are in SA. 

22 minutes ago, eno said:

There is, actually. I rarely find them anymore but they're out there. As for "upgrading stashes" I don't know... but entrenching tools are in SA. 

Do you have proof that they're in sa? I've never seen entrenching tools in game and I've never seen anyone post a picture of one either.

12 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Do you have proof that they're in sa? I've never seen entrenching tools in game and I've never seen anyone post a picture of one either.

Not exactly screenshot worthy... but I've found them in military locations as well as heli spawns- and that's in this patch. 

I used to use the entrenching tool all the time since I could carry it (was 3 vertical slots) in a backpack and still keep my fire ax. I'll dig in my old screenshots and see but there IS definitely entrenching tools in the game- they're just not found in as great abundance as they used to be. 

EDIT: 

Okay- so this is a completely underwhelming screenshot from many, many patches ago but does show the entrenching tool in my hotbar. Again, you need to look really close at it- and it STILL doesn't show anything really definitive other than the fact that it doesn't look like any other item that you've likely seen. It's the third item in my hotbar- some of you may recognize this from the first days of "Chez Eno," back in the time where it was actually a lot of fun helping people trying to run through Berezino... stock them up with grown food supplies, water, rain coats and melee weapons. I miss those days.

15due52.jpg

Edited by eno

Moved to mod section of the forum.

Please stay on topic guys 

@Amberhelios - Actually, I believe this was on topic for SA. If I recall correctly he's referring to the small shovels that used to be in game and are possibly still in game.

7 hours ago, eno said:

You mean the military shovels? Yea, I know those are in. However, they don't do anything afaik.

13 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

You mean the military shovels? Yea, I know those are in. However, they don't do anything afaik.

Well other than work as shovels. 

Why did this get moved down to mod? This was 100% about SA- the guy was asking if the function ran across both platforms? Sigh- we'll stay on topic if you guys read the fricken thread, thanks. 

Mods are a bit out of practice it seems. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, eno said:

Well other than work as shovels. 

Why did this get moved down to mod? This was 100% about SA- the guy was asking if the function ran across both platforms? Sigh- we'll stay on topic if you guys read the fricken thread, thanks. 

Mods are a bit out of practice it seems. 

No, it was 100% about the mod. In the latest update, they added a new shovel to "replace" the ETOOL "Eventually" to make stashes with, but ATM it can only be used to create stashes and not upgrade them. Stashes are in the mod, not SA.

OP, Yes, ETOOLs are still in game, I found one last night at a Merlin crash site. Hopefully they'll fix the shovels soon.