Sign in to follow this  
CardinalSins

How to reverse truck??

This is probably really lame but: how to I make the truck back up?

I've finally got the V3S put back together but it's parked against a wall.  In order to go anywhere I first have to make it backup.  I've tried every keyboard combination, I've searched the entire internet and found nothing and nobody every says anything about it.  so it's probably really obvious...but I still can't figure it out.

So: how do I make the v3s backup?

TIA

Perhaps I still need to put parts on the truck.  I didn't put the hood on it

but I can start the engine and if I press W the tach raises.  Q & E make noises when I press them.

As it is: no longer an issue.  I decided to see how to throw the grenade....didn't work so well.  I get to start all over.  Which is actually my favorite part of the game.

If you are on "DayZ TX 2-18 (Public/Veteran) 131642 - Hosted by GameServers.com"  Go to the north end of the map above the air field.  in one of the shop yards you'll find a V3S that is fully assembled.  If you look in police stations in the area you'll find barrels filled with loot.

To shift up is E, shift down is Q. Gears look like this: reverse-neutral-1st gear - 2nd gear - 3rd gear - 4th gear. There is no indicator yet on wich gear you are. Tip: the motor dont make same sound on neutral. 

Or, spam Q 5 times and it should be on reverse. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaveB said:

To shift up is E, shift down is Q. Gears look like this: reverse-neutral-1st gear - 2nd gear - 3rd gear - 4th gear. There is no indicator yet on wich gear you are. Tip: the motor dont make same sound on neutral. 

Or, spam Q 5 times and it should be on reverse. 

8 hours ago, QUAZIMOFO said:

I think 'T' is for shifting gears.

That's for changing rate of fire settings on weapons that have that function enabled. It has nothing to do with vehicles. 

And regarding "neutral" sounds- I don't think the offroad has that feature... not sure about the bus... but the truck and the sedan do have a distinctive idle sound that can help you figure out where you are in the tree. 

Edited by eno

8 hours ago, CardinalSins said:

I decided to see how to throw the grenade....didn't work so well.  I get to start all over.  Which is actually my favorite part of the game.

This is subject to change with new systems, but to throw grenade, you put it in hands, unpin, and HOLD G then release it. The longer you HOLD G, the farther you should be able to throw it.

• Like 1

Thanks on both tips.

So the fun continued - I had some down time so I respawned and almost immediately found a bus ready to go!  Just sitting in a field waiting for me.  So I learned how the shifter works that way.  As described Q and E do the business.  Anyway, started playing around got to the town on the north east end of the map and when I got out of the bus I just suddenly died.  No idea what happened.  No big deal.  Had fun and now I know how to use that part of the game.

And then the fun continue with a surprise: looking forward to starting over I jumped back in to the game and I respawned on the south end of the map but all of the gear I had before is still with me!  WTF?  No bus, but I'm no worried about that.  I'm hydrated and energized, have a glock and an mp5 with ammo.  Very strange.

Anyway - thanks for all of the tips. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CardinalSins said:

Thanks on both tips.

So the fun continued - I had some down time so I respawned and almost immediately found a bus ready to go!  Just sitting in a field waiting for me.  So I learned how the shifter works that way.  As described Q and E do the business.  Anyway, started playing around got to the town on the north east end of the map and when I got out of the bus I just suddenly died.  No idea what happened.  No big deal.  Had fun and now I know how to use that part of the game.

And then the fun continue with a surprise: looking forward to starting over I jumped back in to the game and I respawned on the south end of the map but all of the gear I had before is still with me!  WTF?  No bus, but I'm no worried about that.  I'm hydrated and energized, have a glock and an mp5 with ammo.  Very strange.

Anyway - thanks for all of the tips. 

It's a vehicle bug. It generally triggers (from our experience) from hoping from a server to another server, and then operating a vehicle. If it happens to you again, immediately log all the way out of the game when you "die". Log back in. You should spawn at the last location you entered the vehicle, and your vehicle should be at the location you last got out of the vehicle (your death location).

It can effect individual players in a vehicle, and skip other players in that same vehicle, or bounce around. It's not necessarily a  "one death" issue, and can happen multiple times after multiple recovery's. Server Restarts seems to fix the issue.  

On 3/3/2016 at 2:19 PM, eno said:

regarding "neutral" sounds- I don't think the offroad has that feature.

It's very subtle, but it's there. Sadly, adjusting sound effects to make the engine bearable, turns subtle into near impossible to hear that feature.

This game cracks me up.  Finally made it back to the location of the truck I was talking about when I started this thread: it's still here!  all of my gear is here too!  Or at least the junk I left in the truck.  Let's drive over and see if the bus is where I parked it last....

The odd bit is that the truck tent I had found was gone from the police station I had set it up behind.  I hope somebody found it.  I put about 6 pelican cases in it with stuff in them.  Now I have to figure out where I hid the various barrels.

A server restart should do it, or have another vehicule ram into the flipped one. I've heard à met

hod with a bow but havent tried it myself, maybe someone else can chime in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CardinalSins said:

So....how does a person unflip a car or truck????

Safest method is just to wait for a server restart.

Also putting protector cases in tents is a waste of space... pretty sure their persistence is the same as tents and barrels? (Can someone confirm?) 

If it's not the same- it's still very, very long. 

I didn't know that about protector cases.  Guess we'll have to conduct some experiments....

Funny bit is persistence isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I'm going to guess if you don't visit your stash within some amount of time it will disappear during a server restart.

I'm at a point with my current game I'm about to try and find a fresh spawned player to dump most of the gear on (everything but the axe).  I've had the bus for a bit, driven the truck around, my character has everything necessary.  I'm carrying about 10 glock mags an AKM with 4 magazines.......what the blazes now?  Too bad I can't open a bar or something.

Q and E is for manual gearing S is for brake W is for i think gas i heard my nephew say shift is also gas be carefull of fences and stuff it may glitch and stuck if it happens try changing the wheels or let your buddy try sometimes it glitches with just 1 person and the other can drive again but be carefull of objects like fences if it glitches there you must make a arrow and shoot whyll the other person is driving and some try to use the lugwrench and make the tires roll in 2 the car by sum technique