Sign in to follow this  
agouti

Radical New Idea: Knives Do Stabbing Damage and Extend Reach

After losing 2 fights with a kitchen knife, and having less of a reach than an empty hand, I've decided this really needs some work.  I was able to stab someone in the chest, but was unable to reach the head, and was able to be punched out twice. Regardless of this, I feel stabbing someone in the upper torso a good 20 times ought to kill them, but apparently not. Why is it I feel in so many games, your characters try to retardedly slash or chop with a knife? The purpose of small bladed weapons is to drive them into major blood vessels and organs. Why is it, after taking a few bullets, all of my gear is ruined, but after a few stabs, their organs are not? I would like to think a steel handgun is more resilient to a zombie swinging at it then a human organ at taking a knife, but this is the dayz world we live in.

TL;DR

Devs, make kitchen knives, combat knives, etc. etc. that if you aim in the upper chest, neck, or possibly even head, it kills them in 1-2 hits, preferably 1 for a good heart stab.

These 2 experiences have ruined the suspension of disbelief for some time to come.

Shotguns and knives are underpowered. Punching is overpowered

Edited by Yazar8

Just give them one good chop, run away and wait for them to either bleed out or bandage. Improvements... knives should be able to attack much faster but should still take multiple attacks to kill. The fist knockouts need changing.

Radical new idea  ....  Put a Status report out under 37 days  and fix the cooking fish in this game after 2 years... or is there another Brazil PAX Comicon were flying off to for 6 months to hold off work ? This progress in this game is just off the CHARTS ... Wasen't it . Were pushing.60 before New years , Now it's end of the month... Place your bets Kids, Place your bets.

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1