Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

Replace NWAF and Myshkino tents

Inspired by the Prison island ;

I thought that maybe we could replace these two areas. With a couple of very large indoor military / airport / mechanical complexes .

Kind of like how the prison is but much much larger. 

Long hallways , tons of individual rooms, several floors. Could probably even get into some underground basement areas. Bunkers and so forth . 

Would not really change the looting possibilities . But would raise the risk level greatly of this area. As well as make it more aesthetically and immersively pleasing . 

I think the risk vs reward balance on an area like this would be great., Imagining exploring the rooms one by one , at night . Dealing with infected and possible human ambushes. 

Would add massive value to weapons like the flash grenades, and trip wires .  . 

Would give PvP focused players a unique area where Close Quarter Combat skills would be essential . 

And the PvE players a potentially creepy environment to work through . 

• Like 3

These areas were added to the game and iterated over and over, in the past. I doubt the devs want to remove them again. There were however plans for a NATO base in the north, which should cover most of the things you ask for. They are probably waiting for their occlusion and renderer update, before adding such buildings. I find the northern airfield and the area around Myshkino tents too empty. On the airfield for example, there could be fuel trucks, service vehicles and aircraft waiting for service or in parking position. There could be accident sites from when pilots turned infected, while on the airstrip; ambulances, fire trucks... Myshkino tents could have a military cemetary next to it with hundreds of white crosses as well as a small chapel; it could have small civilian tent settlements around it . I know the idea behind Myhskino tents was that the military retreated into a safer defense position, away from Zelenogorsk. But they would have needed a place to bury the dead. And there would be checkpoints on the way down there and fences or barricades in the forest. Each of those two places you mentioned fails to tell its story. They don't create the kind of atmosphere they should and they are too clean. 

I hope we'll see some bigger efforts at visually telling a story and creating an ambience. There has to be a sense of threat coming from these places and we should be chilled to go in there, not only because some other player might snipe us. I hope we'll see new buildings and more unique and bigger buildings, too. Prison Island is pretty much wasted in its position and I wouldn't mind a narrow bridge going over there and additionally placing the prison building on some mountain tops too, because it would also fit elsewhere. And the building itself is fun, it's just too remote and not rewarding enough to swim there. I'd like to see a big building like a 70'S style civilian airport, instead of the North-Eastern airfield. I'd like to see a big hotel that was build for the communist elite in the 60'S and still retains that style. I wouldn't mind seeing malls and the more modern building, but I think particularly the old soviet architecture is more and more missing from Dayz and would make a great addition.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

All my beans.

• Like 1

Inspired by the Prison island ;

I thought that maybe we could replace these two areas. With a couple of very large indoor military / airport / mechanical complexes .

Kind of like how the prison is but much much larger. 

Long hallways , tons of individual rooms, several floors. Could probably even get into some underground basement areas. Bunkers and so forth . 

Would not really change the looting possibilities . But would raise the risk level greatly of this area. As well as make it more aesthetically and immersively pleasing . 

I think the risk vs reward balance on an area like this would be great., Imagining exploring the rooms one by one , at night . Dealing with infected and possible human ambushes. 

Would add massive value to weapons like the flash grenades, and trip wires .  . 

Would give PvP focused players a unique area where Close Quarter Combat skills would be essential . 

And the PvE players a potentially creepy environment to work through . 

Maybe some parts of the underground/bunker need a gasmask to get through, zombies wander through the hallways, some zombie might even carry a rifle on its back!

dead bodies everywhere that can be very aesthic,

All the airports need aircraft, helicopters, fuel tanks, tools, equipment and just more signs of life...then they need to get the ever living crap bombed out of them. Destroy the vehicles, hangars, the fuel stations and the runways, because the first reasonable military response to a zombie outbreak would be to prevent the disease from jumping containment lines via some idiotic attempt to escape, putting the rest of the world at risk. The same should apply to the harbour, ships and even most of the small fishing boats, and I wouldn't disagree to seeing convoys at the edge of the map experiencing the same problems, perhaps some attempt to flee when checkpoints turn out to be killing fields instead of protection zones.

Edited by MrAerospace
  • Like 2

What would be awesome is if the level of destruction in the 'destructive pass' of the Chernarus+ map happened to coincide with the heat map of where players die the most. So the larger PvP areas are almost ruined and just visually foreboding to new players.

I don't want to see the nwaf changed.  They changed the neaf multiple times and it's really lame now.  The NWAF is iconic and has a good feel to it with its openness.

Myshkino tents are pretty ok as is too.

Tisy or whatever sounds like it will be along the lines of what you want.  Creating incentive to actually go to prison island would also work.

Edited by Bororm