PinkTaco24

Unless we get flags/effects for murder, this game will just be Deathmatch.

I never go near cherno/elektra/NWAF etc so don't get caught up in sniping or big fights. So I literally have no experience of all this so-called deathmatching. But I do randomly bump into other people in the wilderness and they'll shoot at me without even having to think about it.

The problem is that there's nothing else to do in the game. Shooting for most people is more exciting than just waving someone past, of course it is... What else is there to do once you're kitted up?

Personally I think it would be different if there was a MUCH bigger playing area and no public maps so that exchanging info with other people becomes a major part of the game. Where did you find food? Have you seen any lakes around here? etc

Stop making stupid threads already. All we need is a bigger cake for teamwork' date=' then people will work together to get the cake. Simple as that

[/quote']

Do you read?

Thats basically what I said.

There is no penalty and all reward for murdering players. Not the case for NOT murdering them.

That's nothing like you said. You want to punish people who murder, not give incentive to people who group up. To quote your OP:

"I suggest a system be in place for players to see those who murder frequently and those who don't. I understand bandit skins were used for this purpose, but I think it would need to be account wide not life wide."

Which is silly, because you're now branding new spawnees as bandits immediately, when they don't even have a gun. Who wants to group up with that guy? Hell, as a fellow bandit, I wouldn't even group up with him.

You've now killed any and all group play with this player, and if they don't like playing solo, they're screwed.

These threads bother me so much. In almost every zombie movie the real threat is humans acting in self defense or self preservation. Someone hiding a bite, someone who doesn't trust anyone, someone who cares for a zed and won't let them go, a child who won't listen.

Rarely do zeds ever accomplish anything without a human being the real cause of the problem. To strip people of the fear of other people and to take away the self preservation is just against the spirit of the game.

Might as well go play left4dead or something.

• Like 1

Stop making stupid threads already. All we need is a bigger cake for teamwork' date=' then people will work together to get the cake. Simple as that

[/quote']

Do you read?

Thats basically what I said.

There is no penalty and all reward for murdering players. Not the case for NOT murdering them.

You are implying that there should be a penalty for killing players. In my opinion that's stupid. Only thing that should be stopping a player for killing another player should be the idea that they can achieve something by working together, then they would get the feeling that they miss on something if they just shoot everyone and dont team up with anyone

These threads bother me so much. In almost every zombie movie the real threat is humans acting in self defense or self preservation. Someone hiding a bite' date=' someone who doesn't trust anyone, someone who cares for a zed and won't let them go, a child who won't listen.

Rarely do zeds ever accomplish anything without a human being the real cause of the problem. To strip people of the fear of other people and to take away the self preservation is just against the spirit of the game.

Might as well go play left4dead or something.

[/quote']

not saying players should stop killing other players, sometimes its a must, its that there is no consequence when doing so... so they are going to do it none stop, and by doing so, defeating the purpose of this game...

Substitute the word 'penalties' for the word 'effects' ( and not necessarily negative or positive ) for murder.

To penalize people for murder would cast negative judgment on what they did' date=' and who is to say what they did was wrong or right. After all if doing such a thing helps them to survive, and we're all here to do that, how is it wrong?

[/quote']

Actually, I like this. It should be rewarded.

No friend your kinda missing the point. It wasn't for you to rename the title of your thread (missing all the other times you used 'penalties' in your post), but for you to realize that you cannot evoke any sort of system to punish people for murder. You said that in real life people get punished for murder,. i say, only the ones who get caught, and i've yet to see the zombie police about. Murder is a legal term for un-lawfull killing, without law its just killing.

There is also a flag system in place, the heartbeat on bandits, with this you can tell who's a bandit and act accordingly, if your not in a position to act then it is your failure by either not spotting the player earlier or putting yourself in a situation where your are vulnerable.

The fact is you can tell who is a bandit, and we all can use guns, bandit and survivor, your both in a equal position to kill each other.

If you want to penalize someone for shooting at you, return fire. Don't run crying to the designer and ask him to fight your battles for you. Man up and get it done.

The game is not a "deathmatch." No deathmatch game permits survival for an hour let alone 40 days.

If it feels like a deathmatch to you, it's likely because you're standing in the wrong sorts of places. My suggestion: move.

If it still feels like a deathmatch, keep moving.

We're only in alpha and yet you have every tool at your disposal to create a survivor haven already. Start a clan - advertise the server you are on and the services you provide. Tell people to approach unarmed or face consequences. Dole out medical supplies, food, water and transportation to needy survivors. Defend them against bandits. You can do all of this already, you're just too lazy to do it so you want the designer to come along and build a bunch of unecessary UI and blinking lights and colored buttons and arrows pointing "Go here!"

Well, it's not going to happen.

If you want something to happen, make it happen.

If you want something to stop, put a stop to it.

Stop asking the designer to do your work for you, you lazy, slack-jawed ne'er-do-wells.

Why is it that the people that complain are the ones with barely any posts on this forum.

If you want to penalize someone for shooting at you' date=' return fire. Don't run crying to the designer and ask him to fight your battles for you. Man up and get it done.[/quote']

I wish I coulda put my thoughts in this form, well, at least it's now out there :sleepy:

Which is silly' date=' because you're now branding new spawnees as bandits immediately, when they don't even have a gun. Who wants to group up with that guy? Hell, as a fellow bandit, I wouldn't even group up with him.

You've now killed any and all group play with this player, and if they don't like playing solo, they're screwed.

[/quote']

Over time, the penalty would go away.

But the solution is simple.. if you don't want to be flagged, don't murder. Less you are flagged for a certain # of play hours.

If you want to penalize someone for shooting at you' date=' return fire. Don't run crying to the designer and ask him to fight your battles for you. Man up and get it done.[/quote'] great idea!! and what if you are dead after that first shot?

Oh wait...

Well' date=' it's not going to happen.

If you want something to happen, make it happen.

If you want something to stop, put a stop to it.

Stop asking the designer to do your work for you, you lazy, slack-jawed ne'er-do-wells.

[/quote']

I feel like you just don't understand how video games work. How exactly am I suppose to put a stop it? The game provides me with NO mechanics to stop a player from murdering other players constantly with no penalty. So what if I spend hours upon hours hunting him down to murder him myself. What then? oh, he just respawns. Or server hops before I find him.

You think you are smart shit with your arguments of 'well put a stop to it if you don't like it' however, you were too dumb to think for a second and realize.. there isn't any WAY to stop it. Unless, I devolve my playstyle to that of deathmatch where I just shoot everyone. And thus, the point of my post.

Why is it that the people that complain are the ones with barely any posts on this forum.

because we are usually playing the game?

I think the point of the game is apocalyptic behavior. If this is the case you are not going to be best friends with everyone you see. If I was actually in Chernarus I know I wouldn't be shooting everyone for fun, but I also wouldn't be inviting everyone to my camp to share beans. I would behave just as I do in game, avoid people unless they are helpless then help them and be on my own way. On rare circumstances I have morphined a guy and we grouped for a bit but never have I announced my presenced to a healthy and armed person as I am mostly xenophobic like any long-lived organism. Bandit skins seem silly to me because their is no discernable way to identify a murderer in a survival situation other than observing them before introducing yourself which is what people should be doing rather than grouping in elektro then crying when they take a lee enfield round to the noggin for their newly acquired compass. Just my two cents.

I also think making the fights more realistic, as in making disconnecting for the aggressor or the victim punishable by instadeath on login, will make people choose their fights a bit better and decrease random mindless pvp. If the elektro snipers couldnt hop kill hop kill in the hills east of elektro they would find something better to do with their time and ammo... Which reminds me, proper ammo tracking will decrease this as well; firing 6 DMR rounds and relogging to get them magically back in your mag is retarded. (I know a fix is coming for this in the next patch, no flame please.)

If you want to penalize someone for shooting at you' date=' return fire. Don't run crying to the designer and ask him to fight your battles for you. Man up and get it done.[/quote'] great idea!! and what if you are dead after that first shot?

Oh wait...

Did you even attempt to comprehend what he had to say?

If you get shot first it means you were in the wrong place, you let your guard down, you were taking a risk.

I have been alive for about 20 hours now, i've played total of 30 hours. At start it seemed impossible, I got shot over and over again near the cities. Then I teamed up with a friend, looted a hospital and headed north. My friend and I got ambushed near stary sobor, we lost alot of our medical supplies and never caught the shooter(s). After that we headed for NW airfield, we spotted 3 guys with better gear looting a barracks, we opened fire at them killing two and the last one disconnected. My friend died in the process. It was the only time I had shot anyone during that trip

I feel like I can stress this enough, killing players is a big part of the game yet you have tools to avoid it if you choose to. The grass cant be disabled and still players are almost impossible to see in a thick brush. This game does not need artificial method to make killing players less rewarding, it only needs more things that you can only do with a teammate

shit the bed everyone in this game is dying to other players and never to starvation zeds or glitches

see sig, numbers taken from dayzmod.com, Rocket has stated that frontpage stats are not influenced by players respawning on the beach

OP is a whiny shit who hates DayZ

There are few major issues with DayZ:

- newly spawned player can "beat" the game within first 20-30 minutes. Food, water and weapon are very easy accessible almost everywhere. Players don't need to worry about survival elements like starvation at all.

- high class weaponry is too common, same with ammunition.

- there are no consequences of killing survivors, bandits always win in this situation

- there is no visual difference between survivor and bandit

- bandits should be called murderers, criminals and chased by survivors, military and police, if captured or killed murderers should be punished

- players should have goal like gathering food, building safe areas and fighting against zombies (zombies are no threat now)

- so killing survivor should be last thing to do in DayZ

- newly spawned player can "beat" the game within first 20-30 minutes. Food' date=' water and weapon are very easy accessible almost everywhere. Players don't need to worry about survival elements like starvation at all.

- there are no consequences of killing survivors, bandits always win in this situation

- bandits should be called murderers, criminals and chased by survivors, military and police, if captured or killed murderers should be punished

- players should have goal like gathering food, building safe areas and fighting against zombies (zombies are no threat now)

[/quote']

-not a major issue (exactly why you shouldnt become attached to gear)

- not a major issue (exactly why you shouldnt become attached to gear)

-not a major issue

-not a major issue

-not a major issue

- ok sure

-not a major issue

Stop trying to have your hand held or trying to force other people to conform to your low level of gameplay.

- newly spawned player can "beat" the game within first 20-30 minutes. Food' date=' water and weapon are very easy accessible almost everywhere. Players don't need to worry about survival elements like starvation at all.

[/quote']

You are in a wrong game buddy. This aint sims, there are no police and military around to keep control. Only thing between them killing you is you. Gear up and fight for yourself. Maybe even make some friends and team up with them, fight for your group

If they added a survival time counter that'd be really great. Server swapping would freeze clock for some 5-15 minutes so people couldnt make time go fast by just swapping. Maybe even allow us to get accessories or something similar by surviving for a long period of time. You know, make a big survival something to brag about

A victim is moaning ITT. Thanks for the beans' date=' people would kill you IRL for your beans too if there was no laws to stop them. Mongels much?

[/quote']

And others would come after your ass and kill you for being a butchering murderer.

It works both ways.

At least in real life its KNOWN that mongel killed someone for their beans. And his friends come after you.

Er... what?

How would they know? There's no communications infrastructure. 50 people is a fairly populous server. The play area is about 225 KM^2, so on average there is one person per 5 square kilometers. It's unlikely that there would be any witnesses to a murder, and even if there were, how would they get the word out?

So, why would anyone know, and why should there be any consequence, and how should that consequence be implemented so as not to be some remarkably lame deus ex machina style you-are-magically-punished-for-being-bad-even-though-nobody-knows-you-were-bad nonsense?

Tired of being randomly killed by bandits, was just making my way down the highway earlier, trying to find some animals to kill, and a sniper took me out without warning...

Tired of being randomly killed by bandits' date=' was just making my way down the highway earlier, trying to find some animals to kill, and a sniper took me out without warning...

[/quote']

You shouldn't be walking down the highway. That puts you in the middle of a highly visible place as you stand out against the road with no cover to hide behind if you are shot at.

You need to stick to tree lines. Even if you are on the edge of one about 5 meters inside the forest your chances of not being shot go up considerably.

I started playing after the bandit skins were removed, and I usually spend my time murdering other players (for fun, not loot). Honestly, I do think they need to bring the bandit skins back... not only is the current deathmatch situation not fun for people who wanna play as survivors, it's not fun for guys like me who just want to murder. What's the point when everyone is killing everyone straight up, no questions asked? Plenty of other FPS for that. The bandit skin is a good middle ground imo; you can still murder as many people as you want, but at the same time it will discourage people from murder and foster friendliness somewhat, especially when people stick together to fight off bandits

Tired of being randomly killed by bandits' date=' was just making my way down the highway earlier, trying to find some animals to kill, and a sniper took me out without warning...

[/quote']

You might as well of been wearing a target circle & a sign saying "shoot me im stupid!". Like previous poster said, NEVER run on the roads or next to them. IF you have to run in the open zig zag is your friend.

- bandits should be called murderers' date=' criminals and chased by survivors, military and police, if captured or killed murderers should be punished

[/quote']

You are in a wrong game buddy. This aint sims, there are no police and military around to keep control. Only thing between them killing you is you. Gear up and fight for yourself. Maybe even make some friends and team up with them, fight for your group

One thing they could add is handcuffs (its in ACE Mod) and Survivors who want to play Cop could capture Bandits and handcuff them. Now they have to find a Bandit friend willing to let them out of their cuffs or they're unable to shoot a gun.

Though the Engine doesn't really let for non-lethal combat right now so it may be hard to subdue a Bandit to cuff them in the first place.

What really needs to happen is a higher level set of goals to motivate players once they're tooled up other than PvP (but doesn't mess with PvP for those that like it). As I don't want to hijack this thread if anyone is interested in how that could work you can check it out here.

[/quote']

-not a major issue (exactly why you shouldnt become attached to gear)

- not a major issue (exactly why you shouldnt become attached to gear)

-not a major issue

-not a major issue

-not a major issue

- ok sure

-not a major issue

Could you elaborate some more about those points? For now are worthless because don't explain why you think like that.

Stop trying to have your hand held or trying to force other people to conform to your low level of gameplay.

I share my opinion' date=' as I'm a alpha tester of this mod. It's not a final version of this mod and I hope a lot of thing will change and improve. Currently gameplay reminds me CoD mixed with Left 4 Dead game and it's far away from being a survival game based on open world sandbox mil sim Operation Arrowhead. MP gameplay might be so much better if Rocket improves it - for example check ACE and ACRE mods for OA - those guarantee best MP experience ever.

Already done that and in few words: game is too easy.

We (my group) wanted to help other survivors, but since those prefer to open fire or disconnect we couldn't do much. We'd like to chase and eliminate all murderers, but bandits skins have been removed unfortunately.