Sign in to follow this  
Me1andMe2

How about some static unmovable barrels in some towns?

Would love to do some leather tanning or see some burning barrels but currently barrels are too valuable for stashing things. Barrels are therefore super rare and if you find one you will probably take it with you to make a stash.

I therefore suggest that some barrels should be placed into towns with the following rules:

• The barrels should not be moveable besides if you make holes into them
  • The barrels will respawn indefinitely if removed
  • The respawn time should not be longer than 1h

• Like 1

I do not agree that barrels are "super rare".

Also, there are static barrels in the environment but it's anyone's guess as to whether or not they will be enabled as storage or otherwise usable in the future.

p3JKbxv.jpg

Le5ACSf.jpg

The 2nd barrel is already set up like a rain water catch.

Edited by BioHaze

I do not agree that barrels are "super rare".

Dunno man took me more than 5 hours and countless cities to find just one barrel (private server)

Also okay you got me I meant to say static interactable(putting stuff inside) barrels

#snipertrap

No risk no fun right?

Edited by Me1andMe2

Dunno man took me more than 5 hours -snip-

A: that server probably had all the barrels gathered shortly after it went live.

B: 5 hours in the realm of DayZ is not an unreasonable amount of time to find an item, especially one considered valuable.

DayZ is an experience where those that invest the most time, gain the most.

• Like 1

Dunno man took me more than 5 hours and countless cities to find just one barrel (private server)

Also okay you got me I meant to say static interactable(putting stuff inside) barrels

No risk no fun right?

The barrels are spawn objects like any other loot (this goes for tents too) so once the server's set number of that object has spawned, no more will spawn until the number in play goes down.

If you put stuff INSIDE barrels or tents, that stuff is NOT counted in the total spawn for the server loot-economy, so that stuff will go on spawning (things inside stashes and carried by players are not included in the spawn count)

But barrels and tents are not inside a stash. Once the limit is reached, the set number is in-play on the server (hidden by players) and no more will spawn unless those are taken to another server or destroyed, or left untouched for so long that they despawn.

If you are on a private server, there is no chance of them being taken away to another server, right? The number in-play will not go down fast.

So the way to find them is search for the barrels and tents already hidden by other players. When enough are hidden the spawn points will dry up.

xx

(if I'm wrong about this, someone please tell me, thanx)

DayZ is an experience where those that invest the most time, gain the most.

Barrels with holes vs normal fireplace.
Natural Leather Jacket vs any other 4 slot
Time spent vs gain is not in your favor here.

I know that barrels are valuable for storing things but what is not worth for is fire and tanning which is why I suggest barrels that are made for these purposes while requiring little work for the devs to put into.

xx

Thanks i know how persistence works I just said cities to give a better understanding of the distance I traveled and because I found it in a city.

On private servers barrels seem to be a very valuable resource. If I find a camp I always snag the barrels and haul them off to somewhere else to be relocated at some later point.

The loot plays out somewhat differently between public and private servers. It's apples and oranges but I prefer private hives.

I do like the idea of some sort of static tanning "station" (for lack of a better word) being included. Maybe small tanning sheds at some small hunting camps/cabins spread around the map would work.

• Like 1

I don't think we should have unmovable barrels like you suggest, rather the amount of barrels should be drastically increased. Think about it...do you think we will ever have a shortage of barrels in real life? I highly doubt it. Hell, all those barrels that are currently static across the map were changed into the barrels we can use and move around then we wouldn't have a problem.