Sign in to follow this  
SpankeyBob23

new ui

so ive been watching videos and seen screenshots of the new ui, and i wanted to try it especially to get an fps boost but when i put -newui into launch options the game loads up to a blue screen and thats it, and once i take -newui out it works fine... any idea on why this happens and how i could possibly get it to work.... if it makes any difference im playing on 0.59 stable

so ive been watching videos and seen screenshots of the new ui, and i wanted to try it especially to get an fps boost but when i put -newui into launch options the game loads up to a blue screen and thats it, and once i take -newui out it works fine... any idea on why this happens and how i could possibly get it to work.... if it makes any difference im playing on 0.59 stable

Wondering about the newui as well. I have it in my launch parameters but doesnt appear to be showing up... im wondering if i put it in correctly.

-newui

newui is kind of horrid at the moment, because it's just the basic framework.  it's fugly and awkward as fuck.  they'll fix that eventually, but right now ugh.

three things it's useful for, though:

1. accessing all the storage space in a large tent (important)

2. getting parts off a vehicle without tools

3. better fps, although I haven't seen much of a difference myself (the benefit might depend on what your video settings are)

I have it turned off 99% of the time, and just reboot with it enabled when I need something buried deep in my tents.  then I reboot again with it disabled.

Does anybody know how to download DAYZ

Please open a separate topic for your own questions.